Honored Contributor

Just saw Beauty and the Beast

This movie is so good.  The music is wonderful, casting is amazing, very diverse.  Gaston (not sure how you spell his nam) best villan ever.  The special effects are awesome.  We clapped at the end of the movie.  Ever actor did a fantastic job.  So glad I decided to see it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just saw Beauty and the Beast

@sunshine 919  Isn't the music the same, or similar to, the earlier cartoon version?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine 919  Isn't the music the same, or similar to, the earlier cartoon version?

No they added some.  Anyone who liked the animated one will love this one. 

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine 919, thanks for the review!  I'm going next weekend.  This movie has received a lot of rave reviwes.  Really looking forward to it.

Respected Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

@sunshine 919, thanks for the review!  I'm going next weekend.  This movie has received a lot of rave reviwes.  Really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, I'm only seeing Luke warm reviews.  Does Emma look really wooden in the movie? I was concerned she was the wrong pick.  

Respected Contributor

I wanted to take my 4 year old grandaughter, but a friend of mine said oh no way. She took her 7 year old daughter and she was so frightened of the beast and the dark theme that they had to leave the movie. I know my grandaughter doesn't do monsters or threatening characters, so the new version is out for us. I actually saw a trailer for it and thought twice about it. Guess thats why it has the PG rating instead of G. And she was so looking forward to seeing "the princess".

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@susan kay wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm only seeing Luke warm reviews.  Does Emma look really wooden in the movie? I was concerned she was the wrong pick.  

I have to admit that I had doubts of the choice for Belle but in my opinion she does a good job.  After you see it let us know what you think.  Stay for the credits they show every character and who plays them.  Gaston although the bad guy he is cute.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I saw it last night with friends. The unanimous opinion was that we all loved it.

Trusted Contributor

Honestly,  we took our 2 grandchildren yesterday  ages 9 and 11.  I'm  saying this only because  of all the adult singing all most the whole first hour, I'm not sure children will injoy it. We had the only kids there in the whole theater.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@susan kay wrote:

@GSPgirl- you're seeing many positive reviews here.  I thought she was fine and that the movie was fabulous.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?