Honored Contributor

Just finished looking at the movie, The Book Thief

Really good!!! 10/10. Bet the book was great too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just finished looking at the movie, The Book Thief

I have heard the book was excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed both. As horrible as the WWII was for the Jews, they were not pleasant for the honest German people. Mothers of all races lost children and family. This book shows the other side of the war and the people that risk their lives and the lives of their family to help the Jewish people.

Super Contributor

On 7/13/2014 qvcaddition said:

I enjoyed both. As horrible as the WWII was for the Jews, they were not pleasant for the honest German people. Mothers of all races lost children and family. This book shows the other side of the war and the people that risk their lives and the lives of their family to help the Jewish people.

Agree. What I loved about the book was that it gave a balanced view of the German people. Quite a refreshing approach. Everything isn't always black and white.

I haven't seen the movie but want to. Just too much other stuff going on. I will get around to it.

Super Contributor

I listened to the audiobook version of the story and loved it. The voices were great...so memorable (the German swearing cracked me up, the mother was a hoot, always yelling). I haven't seen the movie.