Honored Contributor

Just another day for Alina Zagitova

During practice today she hit 5 triple jump combination.  Just reeled them in one after the other.

https://www.nbcolympics.com/video/alina-zagitova-hits-5-triple-jump-combination-practice

Honored Contributor

Re: Just another day for Alina Zagitova

Tonight's competition should be entertaining.

Respected Contributor

She is very impressive on ice, indeed.  She wore a beautiful, bright red costume for her Olympic debut that wasn't about to fall apart at the clasps, and she demonstrated flawless technique, great poise for one so young, and spectacular jumps, too.  To top it all off, she is postively beautiful in appearance.  So much talent at such a young age, which I am sure comes from an insane amount of practice. I wish her the best. 

Honored Contributor

she was spectacular tonight! she looked so ready and poised. hard to believe she is only 15 years old!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Alina had the most jumps but in my opinion her artistry was not as strong as the Russian who got silver. I was also happy for the Canadian who took bronze.I read that no other US Olympics coverage has featured so many women. Yes, women rule the world.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessyladywrote:

Alina had the most jumps but in my opinion her artistry was not as strong as the Russian who got silver. I was also happy for the Canadian who took bronze.I read that no other US Olympics coverage has featured so many women. Yes, women rule the world.

@chessylady

Had she not backloaded her program with all those precise jumps, I feel we would have been looking at a different winner.

I thought the Japanese skaters were exquisite and was disappointed one of them did not medal.  (not saying the Canadian girl did not deserve the bronze medal)

My heart broke for the other Canadian skater.  What a tough skate.