Trusted Contributor

Julia new HBO show about Julia Childs

Anyone watch this yet?  I really like the British actress that is playing Julia.  I really liked the first few episodes and I had to make an omlette while watching it.

Valued Contributor

Re: Julia new HBO show about Julia Childs

👍👍 totally agree.  Really enjoyed the first 3 episodes.  I too like the lead actress.  At first I couldn't recognize her and then realized she was so good also in Last Tango in Halifax.

Regular Contributor

@TurnerGal 

I absolutely loved this show! I watched it all in one sitting and really enjoyed it! Highly recommend.

Super Contributor

I would love to watch it but I don't have cable.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know HBO was airing this.  I searched my guide and couldn't find it as such.     I know that it is currently streaming on HBO Max, however, and am looking forward to it.

My guide could be wrong.  It wouldn't be the first time!  Smiley Wink  

David Hyde Pierce and Bebe Neuwirth are both in it, which is why I am looking forward to it the most.  Smiley Happy  They were both on GMA one day this week and it was fun seeing them together again.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did see this a few days ago. And

@chickenbutt, it is streaming on HBO not HBO Max.

I love Sarah Lancaster and have seen most all of her in her British series.

I did like this but liked Julie and Julia with Meryl Streep even more.(streaming on Netflix).

I think because I liked what they focused on for the story in the latter

better than in Julia.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

@TurnerGal  - thank you for the reminder on this. 

@chickenbutt  - I couldn't find it on my guide either.  Last night I ended up using my voice remote and found it by saying "HBO/MAX Julia". 

I watched the first 3 episodes and agree, it is very good.  My only issue is with streaming HBO/Max my closed captioning does not show, so I don't catch all of the dialogue.  I'm not sure how to remedy this. 

I've also been watching the Julia Child challenge on Food Network.  It has been really interesting and they have original clips of Julia instructing/cooking.  Some very talented home cooks are competing.