Honored Contributor

Has anyone seen the new film "Judy"? Did you enjoy it or was it too sad?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

My friend just told me she loved it. 

Respected Contributor

Planning on seeing it .. hope it is good ... always loved Judy ....

Respected Contributor

I saw an interview with Renee Zwgeiwller .. last week and it changed

my opinion of her .. seemed very thoughtful and down to earth ...I

liked her .....

Couldn't possibly spell that last name right !!!

Respected Contributor

It was very poignant. I cried at the end. It was very sad. Renee Zelweger does a wonderful job. When it first started, I thought it dragged, but the next thing I knew, the credits were running.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the good reviews. It is not playing in my little town, so will have to go to the "big city" next weekend. I am hoping that since it is kind of a niche film, that it will still be playing in a week. Glad you liked it. In the previews I have seen, Renee Z doesn't sound anything like Judy, but I am hoping that the total performance will suck me in.

Respected Contributor

I was lucky enough to see Judy in person in concert with my parents many many years ago.  I was about 12 years old.  She was sensation and a real crown pleaser.  Judy was in her late 30's at that time.  I was astute enough to realize that she was a major talent!

I was disappointed when I heard that Zellweger would do her own singing. I thought a better decision would have been for her to lip sync.

Honored Contributor

Judy Davis won an Emmy for her portrayal of Judy G in a TV movie, she was amazing in the role. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw Judy today with my sisters & Mom.  Rene Z was excellent! 

I didn't think it was too sad.  I think her life was much more sad than the movie depicted. She loved her children and singing so much. Old habits of pills and booze got the best of her. Thanks to LB Mayer & her mother.  They only cared about what money she could bring in. Not about Judy.

While her voice is no Judy Garland, I admire Rene greatly for doing her own singing. I hope she gets an Oscar.

Valued Contributor

Saw “Judy” last week. Renee Zellweger was Oscar worthy. Her singing did not detract from the story. I recommend this movie but it is sad as we already know the tragic ending.