Honored Contributor

I just watched Judy on Amazon Prime.  I really expected to love it, but felt it was just okay.  It was a little slow.  Renee Zellweger was great though.  I had forgotten that Judy Garland died at age 47.  She had a very sad life.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Loved her voice.

Super Contributor

Not a movie I really want to watch.  However, Renee Zellweger won best actress for it at the Oscars so I'm sure she was outstanding in it and it was well deserved.  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I just watched Judy on Amazon Prime.  I really expected to love it, but felt it was just okay.  It was a little slow.  Renee Zellweger was great though.  I had forgotten that Judy Garland died at age 47.  She had a very sad life.

Drugs and alcohol  kill 😢

Honored Contributor

Just not sure this is a film that needed to be made... Garland has been gone since 1969 and there have been many accounts of her life and her episodic spiraling out of control. She was, by most accounts, a tremendous talent and her youthful demise was ostensibly tragic, but this isn't something I personally feel the desire to see acted out...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Judy Davis did a fab job as Judy G in the TV movie about her years ago, she won an Emmy. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack  did you pay extra for this, or was it included with Prime?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack  did you pay extra for this, or was it included with Prime?

@Jordan2   It was $3.99.  Most of the newer Prime movies are that price.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I just watched it last night on Prime and I thought Renee Z. was terrific in this role.  I forgot what a horrible childhood she and so many child actors had when ruled by the studios.  They got her hooked on pills when she was so young. Her life was so sad in so many ways.  I remember watching her on TV when I was a kid with my mother and she was sensational.  I have to tell you though at the end of the movie when she broke down singing that song, I cried.  I was so moved by her performance.  I did forget she died at 47 - so young.