Respected Contributor

Did anyone watch the premier show tonight on abc ?  It was sooo funny !!  He admits he's not a real judge he just plays one on TV. The cases are brought before him, he's sitting on the bench he hears the lawsuit and makes his decision. Very funny show, gets my vote for one of the best starting out in the new year

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes No. I won't watch him. I think he's a jerk and acts like a fool. I wasted 5 minutes on him years again. Never again.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Did anyone watch the premier show tonight on abc ?  It was sooo funny !!  He admits he's not a real judge he just plays one on TV. The cases are brought before him, he's sitting on the bench he hears the lawsuit and makes his decision. Very funny show, gets my vote for one of the best starting out in the new year

Glad you enjoyed his show.  Frankly, I felt it was ridiculous to have such a show.  I used to enjoy one show he had, but he has gotten to be somewhat arrogant (in my opinion). To have a show where you put yourself in such a position, even though not real, doesn't surprise me.  The promo just rubbed me the wrong way.

Honored Contributor

I came across it while flipping channels and was surprsied to see him in the judge's chair.  Are they real lawsuits that's he's settling?

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was amusing. Steve Harvey is a comedian and it was a funny take on the court system. He does make a judgement call on which party is getting the money. I am not sure how that works in this setting.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr   I'm wondering the same thing.  I stumbled onto it yesterday, watched most of it, but thought the "cases" couldn't be real...or is it????  Anyone know?

Esteemed Contributor

Yea, he mis announced the Miss Universe pageant winner in 2015.

" It was then that Steve wrongly announced that Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez had won the competition. Realizing that Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach was the actual winner, he had to walk back on stage and revoke his declaration. "

Trusted Contributor

I watched it but it was not as good as I thought it might be. I liked his daytime show more. I will never understand how anyone can go on TV and air their dirty laundry.    

Respected Contributor

I watched it this one time.  My impressions was that the cases were written for TV and played by actors.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

First, I will never understand why this man has been pushed so hard. He simply isn't that likable or that talented. Moreover, it's sad to think this is what network television has devolved into. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...