Esteemed Contributor

Re: Judge Star Jones--I'M HAPPY

I remember his name - Al Reynolds.  She never stopped talking about him.

Now, she just got married (on Sunday) to another lawyer.  He looks younger than she is.  They met on a dating site.  

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Now, she just got married (on Sunday) to another lawyer.  He looks younger than she is.  They met on a dating site.  

@sophiamarie  Source?  confused.gif

Per WIKI......

Jones married Ricardo Lugo on a cruise ship in the Bahamas on Sunday, March 25, 2018

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

She's alright.  I never watched Divorce Court.  I do like Faith Jenkins who is still a newlywed (kind of).  Faith had her own show too before she went over to Divorce Court.  Faith is a real Judge.

Star Jones is Former Prosecutor from NY.  I didn't like her when she first came on the scene.  She was a bridezilla.  Marrying a man she didn't know was gay.  What a mess.  Looks like some of her sessions for DC will be good though (based on clips) I've seen.  I don't plan to watch, but I wish her well.

@gertrudecloset 

How is that even possible?  Everyone knew he was gay.   That none of her friends would tell her speaks volumes.   Well, she clearly was desperate to be married and have the big party.   Apparently the groom only had to be male ... and breathing.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

@sophiamarie  Source?  confused.gif

Per WIKI......

Jones married Ricardo Lugo on a cruise ship in the Bahamas on Sunday, March 25, 2018

Thanks for the update.  I just read that on my phone.  It said "last Sunday"... LOL

Respected Contributor

Here's an update: I LOVE THIS SHOW. I don't care how she might have been on "The View" (not one of my shows), but I am enjoying her now.

Honored Contributor

I remember her deny she had gastric bypass surgery and had lost weight on her own. It was so obvious, due to the speed of her weight loss, that she'd had surgery. She lost credibility over that. There's more about this on Wikipedia if you're interested. I never saw a reason for her to deny. She could have just said that she did not want to talk about health issues. Maybe she was embarrassed about it. She is a lawyer and she needed to maintain a high standard of credibility in the legal field. 

Respected Contributor

Not a huge fan as I said in a previous post as IMO, it's all about her.

Even in the beginning of the show, there she is standing talking about it ahead of time.

The other thing that I have noticed is that she does NOT have her judge's black "gown" zippered up.  You can see what she's wearing up top, along with her jewelry.  It doesn't come across as very professional IMO.

The other day, when she was speaking, she used the "ain't" term in her sentence which came across very unprofessional as well.

DH and I watched this show for years and found Lynn Tolar along with Faith Jenkins much more professional.  And they didn't have to be the center of attention.

The jury is out for us as we're not sure we'll continue with it; too early in the season to decide.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched Divorce Court in decades!  Saw this post & caught the 1st 2 episodes.

Thumbs down.gif

FWIW:  Starr is an "arbitrator" on this show, not a judge.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I watched this show out of curiosity and I have to say Star is lowering her standards to be on a show like this. This show is ridiculous.  I can't believe this is for real.  Times must be tough for her.

Valued Contributor

Times may be tough for Jones but not tough enough for me to watch it.....