Respected Contributor

For a long while, I was recording two episodes of "Divorce Court" each day.

I was, though, getting tired of it.

So, I stopped recording.

But suddenly there were four shows that had recorded that I had not planned on  (I set them up on a daily basis). What?

And Star Jones was the new judge (I knew this was going to happen--just didn't know when).  Astonishingly, she's great! She says what she thinks (and it's often negative).

I'll start recording this show again!

Respected Contributor

Re: Judge Star Jones--I'M HAPPY

I read earlier this year that Star was taking over. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When did she become a Judge?

Respected Contributor

We watched it when Lynn Tolar was the judge; and then Faith Jenkins took over.  Enjoyed both of them, although I felt Faith was a little better.  She was good at listening to them and had a nice way of explaining things.  

We just started watching and neither of us are impressed with Star Jones as it's in a different format.  It just feels like the show is all about her.

Also miss seeing Juan Bustamente as they have replaced him.

Trusted Contributor

After Star Jones' actions when she was on The View, I will never watch her on anything. She lies with every breath if it benefits her.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

We watched it when Lynn Tolar was the judge; and then Faith Jenkins took over.  Enjoyed both of them, although I felt Faith was a little better.  She was good at listening to them and had a nice way of explaining things.  

We just started watching and neither of us are impressed with Star Jones as it's in a different format.  It just feels like the show is all about her.

Also miss seeing Juan Bustamente as they have replaced him.

@HisElk1 

I am also not a fan.   Her time on The View was also (supposedly) all about her, and her lack of self-awareness was so often painful to watch.   

Perhaps it was her given name that set her on the wrong path with the wrong attitude?  

Esteemed Contributor

What channel is this on please..... TIA  Also, day and time.....

Esteemed Contributor

She's alright.  I never watched Divorce Court.  I do like Faith Jenkins who is still a newlywed (kind of).  Faith had her own show too before she went over to Divorce Court.  Faith is a real Judge.

Star Jones is Former Prosecutor from NY.  I didn't like her when she first came on the scene.  She was a bridezilla.  Marrying a man she didn't know was gay.  What a mess.  Looks like some of her sessions for DC will be good though (based on clips) I've seen.  I don't plan to watch, but I wish her well.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

When did she become a Judge?

@Shelbelle for the sake of these shows Lawyers can "act" like Judges.  Plenty of them have done it over the years.  There's even Judge Jerry Springer.  He has a legitimate judge show (not like his show).  He's a Lawyer.....The only real judges I'm aware of that have their own shows are:

Judge Faith Jenkins

Judge Greg Mathis

Judge Judy Scheindlin

Judge Marilyn Milian (People's Court)

Judge Wapner (People's Court) before Marilyn

Judge Joe Brown

Judge Jeanine Pirro

The rest are lawyers or have some legal background or not.....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sophiamarie wrote:

What channel is this on please..... TIA  Also, day and time.....

@sophiamarie  

South Joisey.....

FOX

2:00 a.m.

Daily

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif