Super Contributor

Love them!  Ever see Judge Ross.  He's my fav.  "Thaaaaaaaaaaank you Deputy Thomas."  Cracks me up.

Respected Contributor

Yes! I love watching these shows and yes, his famous Deputy Thomas LOL. I believe his shows are scripted in the fine print at the end . That said, I learn a lot of what not to do as a consumer. 

Honored Contributor

The only one I enjoyed watching was Hot Bench.  Sadly, it went away in my area, replaced by yet another talk show.  One judge show I absolutely cannot watch is Judge Judy!  She's one nasty lady, IMHO.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Judge Shows

[ Edited ]

I watch a lot of them and although in the past I never cared for Gloria Allred I think she brings a very professional demeanor to her show. Like & admire Judge Ross as well.

A couple of them seem to me to want to ask asinine questions unrelated to the case and then talk over the plaintiff & defendant as well as indulge in some preaching. As in "be the star" of the courtroom. 

Respected Contributor

Everything on the Judge Ross show is scripted. The litigants are actors and no money is awarded to the winner of the case.

All of the shows produced by Byron Allen are the same.  
I used to enjoy Judge Alex. 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

The only one I enjoyed watching was Hot Bench.  Sadly, it went away in my area, replaced by yet another talk show.  One judge show I absolutely cannot watch is Judge Judy!  She's one nasty lady, IMHO.

Hot Bench is on at like 1:06 am in my area now.  I record it so I can watch it the next day.

So annoying though.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Judge Shows

[ Edited ]

The Judge Shows I enjoy watching are the People's Court with Marilyn Milian, Judge Judy, and Hot Bench.....these are real unscripted litigants..... 

Some of the others I don't care for because they are either scripted and actors recreate actual cases (Gloria Allred and Judge Ross), or the cases themselves border on being more "sensational" or with "titillating risque" type stories  .....(Judge Joe Brown, Judge Greg Mathis, Jerry Springer) 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I am hooked on these shows. I learn a lot about how the law works, so it's an educational experience too!

Esteemed Contributor

I just googled Judge Ross. How disappointing. I'll never feel the same way about his show.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt Your favorites are also my favorites!  I actually DVR them and then enjoy watching when I have time - plus I get to fast forward over the never-ending commercials.