Trusted Contributor

, if you have a Smart TV or a recent one, I would think t...

@Stargazer77, if you have a Smart TV or a recent one, I would think that there would be an adaptor/cable to go from your laptop to one of the ports on your TV. I ordered one for my Mac laptop, but I haven't bothered trying to connect them yet. I might try for this - it would be lovely to have a GIANT Josh!

Trusted Contributor

Re: , if you have a Smart TV or a recent one, I would think t...

The concert just ended. I had no trouble getting in, but there were some really bad audio technical glitches and he ended up singing a couple of songs twice. The audio problem continued and there was a long time where there were two tracks playing - one in sync with the video and the other was ahead of the video. I finally decided to refresh the  screen and it worked. Needless to say, it was frustrating, but when it was working, it was wonderful!

And, I learned that I could just use AirPlay to get my laptop to play on my new big screen TV, so that was great. 

He is also going to be doing a Valentine's Day show (and the holiday show next month). So, now they know what could go wrong, so I woukdn't hesitate to sign up for the holiday show if you are interested.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ Thank you so much for letting me know your experience.  It was very helpful to read.  I'm glad you enjoyed the concert overall.  Also, thanks for letting me know about the Valentine's Day show!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

He premiered a new concert on PBS last night, songs from the new album. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle 

@Shelbelle wrote:

I watched it and I really like him, but did not like the program. He looked different and I was bored.

I also watch one I had from a few days ago, beautiful singer called Lea Salonga.  What a concert.  Her brother was the conductor of the concert. I think, not sure it was from Canada.  This was also on PBS.

Sorry about my opinion on JG, I have albums of his and just didn 't enjoy last nights on PBS.  He is a sweet person, but didn;t he look different to anyone?

Trusted Contributor

I have the Lea Salonga concert today and can't wait to see it. She is one of my favorites.

I have read quite a few reviews that said that something was "off" with this latest Josh G album. I didn't really notice it, but he did say that it feels really weird for him to sing his best to an empty room, so maybe he needs an audience for energy. And, his personality is kind of quirky anyway, but in a fun way. I have seen him several times in person. He did mention the PBS concert on that livestream concert. I don't get that until next week here. I am guessing that it will be similar to the livestream one, without the technical issues.

Honored Contributor

I opted not to watch Josh, but did watch Solanga, she has a beautiful voice, enjoyed it very much.  First saw her in Miss Saigon, almost 30 years ago. . 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Josh Groban's new album Harmony

Her voice is beautiful.  I watched the whole program which I usually get bored with all the singing, but not with her.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Josh Groban's new album Harmony

I agree. I loved seeing her sing and ordered the MP3 version of the concert. I wonder if the Aladdin duet with the audience member wll be on it.

I have enjoyed the PBS pledge shows so far. Last night I saw a very old Bee Gees concert, followed by Stevie Nicks. Today was Lea S and now I am enjoying the 25th anniversary of RiverDance.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle I didn't know that!  I'll be on the lookout for a rerun!

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*