Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

What the what???!!!???

This angers me to the nth degree.  All those serious charges and just a short sentence like that?   I'll keep to myself what I'm thinking beyond that.

Plus, what else angers me is that 12 years probably won't mean 12 years.  I don't get that if one doesn't cause trouble in jail they get their sentence reduced.  The deeds they did were not undone.   The sentence should be what it is for the crime/s committed.  /rant

Did somebody pay somebody?  Was this court related to the religion?  Just UGH!  Smiley Mad

@chickenbutt  I read the most he could have received was twenty years. It was a regular court, no religion involved.

Thanks so much for the info.  Smiley Happy

I thought there were a number of charges and expected that, at least if they sentenced consecutively, it would add up to a considerable amount of time.

It's not like when he gets out (maybe as soon as 6-7 years unless this was a Federal case?) he's going to have changed.  This type of thing doesn't just change.   

I guess I figure that if he were somebody different the sentence would definitely be higher.  I could be wrong, of course, but that's how it feels.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

What the what???!!!???

This angers me to the nth degree.  All those serious charges and just a short sentence like that?   I'll keep to myself what I'm thinking beyond that.

Plus, what else angers me is that 12 years probably won't mean 12 years.  I don't get that if one doesn't cause trouble in jail they get their sentence reduced.  The deeds they did were not undone.   The sentence should be what it is for the crime/s committed.  /rant

Did somebody pay somebody?  Was this court related to the religion?  Just UGH!  Smiley Mad

@chickenbutt  I read the most he could have received was twenty years. It was a regular court, no religion involved.

Thanks so much for the info.  Smiley Happy

I thought there were a number of charges and expected that, at least if they sentenced consecutively, it would add up to a considerable amount of time.

It's not like when he gets out (maybe as soon as 6-7 years unless this was a Federal case?) he's going to have changed.  This type of thing doesn't just change.   

I guess I figure that if he were somebody different the sentence would definitely be higher.  I could be wrong, of course, but that's how it feels.

@chickenbutt  Yes, it was a federal case, he will be going to a federal prison. I think they said they earliest he could get out was ten years. That all depends though.

Honored Contributor

Duggar is despicable and disgusting and should have received a longer jail sentence.  I hope his jail mates will take good care of him, what a waste of a human being. 

Honored Contributor

When it involves children, I say throw away the key.  He will be where he belongs and hopefully get some psyh sessions.  His wife is a real piece of work and she needs help too.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Josh Duggar Sentenced

[ Edited ]

12 years is not enough time.   😡

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Duggar is despicable and disgusting and should have received a longer jail sentence.  I hope his jail mates will take good care of him, what a waste of a human being. 

@spiderw  I found this out awhile ago that he and all the other inmates of his ilk are housed separately from regular prisoners. Too bad.

Esteemed Contributor

His enabling parents should be punished too!  Maybe if he had gotten proper treatment, therapy and follow up this all may not have happened. They covered it up at the expense of their daughters.  He should go to Gen Pop.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

Will his wife still be able to have children when he is released?

She will be 34 next month.

@colliemom4Age doesn't seem to matter to these people!!

Super Contributor

They should have stuck him in a state prison, not a federal prison as those guys would "love" him there! 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Good to hear.  When he gets out, he'll be a registered sex offender.  

And he got 20yrs supervison