Honored Contributor

wrote:

If there were indictments against them, there must have been reasons for it, right?

I'm still open to hearing all theories. Especially theories that would explain away all the evidence against them.

For those of you who don't think they were involved, why do you think John wanted his golf club bag that was in the basement? Don't you think that was very strange when his daughter had just been murdered? Any plausible explanations?

@Daisy Sunflower  It was said that they had a prearranged trip Christmas morning to vist John's grown children, BUT, after what happened, that trip should have been the last thing on his mind, I wouldn't have been able to think about anything for a long time as I would have been too grief stricken, and that is putting it mildly.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Plain and simple it was a crazed intruder who was obsessed with that little girl or an intruder that had an ax to grind with Jon Ramsey.  

@winamac1

I know there are a lot of people who think the family was involved somehow, but I'm open to hearing refutations concerning "involvement theories".

Honored Contributor

wrote:

It's really a shame that the police messed up so much evidence.  However, the father should have known better than to pick up his daughter when he found her.  He could be the one that killed her.  Just about everyone knows you don't touch a body if you find one and this man is educated and making millions so he should know better.   Something to think about.  Cat Indifferent 

@Katcat1(and @Daisy Sunflower):  The amazing detail about him picking her up was that he did not hold her in his arms or cradle her in any way.  Rigor had already set in and he held her upright away from his body which is very very weird.  If he wasn't involved and he found his dead daughter you would think he'd hold her very close as stiff as she was.

I agree that he planned to dispose of the body.  This whole kidnapping thing was cooked up because they thought the police would leave the house at some point and work the kidnapping angle. 

Whether he was going to put her on the plane or whatever no one knows but what is a known fact is the longer the police were there the more nervous he got until Det. Linda Arndt told him to take his (former) best friend and search the house "top to bottom" -- yet he went straight to the bottom level to the room where JonBenet was. 

He reacted immediately even before he put the light on -- his former best friend Fleet White who believes in a Ramsey coverup said  you couldn't see a thing in that room before John turned on the light and John reacted before you could see.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I still think creepy Burke hit her on the head when she took some of his pineapple and the parents covered it up.  Burke smeared feces on a box of candy JonBenet got for Christmas and also on the wall of her bedroom.  Who does that???  IMO, someone extremely jealous and mentally ill.

@tammysu, it's a fact he was mentally ill with a history of violence and aggression toward her and we have not heard all of that, some of it is still being kept secret. 

We know he hit her over the head with the golf club, smeared the feces, and that the housekeeper on several occasions found him in JonBenet's bed when she came that morning.

We know he was under care of a psychiatrist and the Ramseys refused to produce the records.  I think in the end they had to give them to the grand jury.

We know his Aunt Pam gave Patsy Ramsey three books, the Boulder bookstore produced receipts to the grand jury, including "When Johnny Can't Tell Right From Wrong."

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Plain and simple it was a crazed intruder who was obsessed with that little girl or an intruder that had an ax to grind with Jon Ramsey.  

@winamac1

I know there are a lot of people who think the family was involved somehow, but I'm open to hearing refutations concerning "involvement theories".

@Daisy Sunflower, you don't seriously think that, do you?

A "crazed intruder" who left zero evidence. 

Who wrote a crazed ransom note that starts out "Mr. Ramsey" and then starts referring to him as "John."  That instead of asking for a million or five million dollars like normal kidnap notes, asks for the exact amount of his bonus.  That quotes John and Patsy's favorite movies, including "Speed" (don't grow a brain, John).   That refers to Southern charm.  

Who took his time writing that note, leaving multiple practice notes and ripping out those pages, but using Patsy's pen and paper.

That didn't only wipe down the flashlight but wiped down the batteries.

That wiped down JonBenet's body and dressed her in size 12 underwear (she was a size 6) that was meant to be Patsy's Christmas present to a niece and that had the wrong day of the week on them.  

That put placed her in a blankie with her doll next to her in her favorite nightgown which all FBI say happens when the murderer has a loving connection to the victim.

That was very lucky John "forgot" to put the alarm on that night.  It's a five-story house.  He sure was taking chances not putting on that alarm.

That locked the door where JonBenet was from the outside so no he didn't go out the window and there is zero evidence anyone came in or went out the window.

That went to he trouble to break Patsy's paintbrush and use cord from the back of her painting yet the garrotte didn't work.

That he wore the same size and had the exact same Hi Tec boots as Burke Ramsey.

That left zero evidence.  Zero.  Whereas there is a ton of evidence pointing to Burke and the Ramseys and we don't even know everything.  Those who do say we'd be shocked if they could ever release it all.

I could do this all day.  But some minds will not be changed.  Some people even believe the lie that John and Burke are broke.  Yeah, so broke they each own their own plane.  Suing has been their business and they're going bigger than ever with CBS and Dr. Spitz.

Honored Contributor

Polly Klass, who was brutally kidnapped from her home, her father believes the family is guilty.

The very morning their daughter was "kidnapped" they hired three law firms and two PR firms.  They put out a reward and then revoked it.  How could they do that?   Who does that?  

Every interview John has ever given, the books Patsy & John wrote and John wrote are about them, not JonBenet.  It's all misdirection and they were very lucky it worked.  They have behaved like guilty OJ who doesn't spend time or money looking for the killer because he sees him in the mirror every day.

Every time I see Madeline McCann's parents my heart breaks.  They have left her room untouched.  They buy her a birthday and Christmas present every year.  They were blamed and instead of lashing out they understood that they had to be eliminated and bore the shame and some still accuse them.  Their focus is on their daughter, not themselves, and the reward still stands.  And always will, with them.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

We can agree to disagree KatCat

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori

I definitely think they had planned on taking her body outside of the house, but they just couldn't bring themselves to leave her somewhere.

Even though I think Burke did it, I'm still open to hearing other theories...esp any theories that can explain away all the evidence against them. I doubt it's possible though. To me, the evidence is pretty overwhelming. I'm still interested in hearing other thoughts though.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Today I noticed on my Guide for the Dr Oz program that it says this: 

A couple claim they have proof that could help answer who killed JonBenet Ramsey. 

It may be something and it may be nothing but thought I’d share because I know we have many who care about this story. 

Doctor Oz's producers know people care about the story, too. I feel badly for that little girl, because people are exploiting her for attention in death the same way her mother did when she was alive.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@LoriLori

I definitely think they had planned on taking her body outside of the house, but they just couldn't bring themselves to leave her somewhere.

Even though I think Burke did it, I'm still open to hearing other theories...esp any theories that can explain away all the evidence against them. I doubt it's possible though. To me, the evidence is pretty overwhelming. I'm still interested in hearing other thoughts though.

wrote:

@LoriLori

@Daisy Sunflower, that's admirable...I'm not open to anything other than what the grand jury concluded and the evidence shows...

IMO he was going to take the body (to the plane?  who knows) but he thought he'd have an opportunity.  He didn't expect the cops to stay at the house all day and night. 

Off. French and Off. Arndt have both said the longer the day went on the more he was freaking out.  But not about the kidnappers -- at the time they were supposed to call, he was on the phone tieing up the line (no call waiting). 

I think that's why he made a beeline for that obscure room with the strange locks so odd that Off. French skipped it when he searched the lowest level (oh those cops, but they weren't used to murder or kidnapping and were told not to consult the FBI, which was purely the Ramseys exerting political and other types of pressure, they knew the governor and the DA after all) 

-- the case was lost there and in a hundred other ways but if he had opened that door and flashed a light JonBenet would have been found.  John did disappear for a period of time -- making preparations for getting the body out of there?  we'll never know.  how can you leave the house or keep the line busy when kidnappers are calling about your daughter?

The people who bought the house (how could they?  they're made of stronger stuff than I am!) had that odd room sealed up, it no longer exists.