Honored Contributor

wrote:

Wasn't she raped? Did they have any DNA evidence? Also, HOW old was Burke at the time? 

No, she wasn't raped.  There was no ******.  There was penetration by a piece of one of Patsy's paint brushes. 

Her pediatrician insisted there was no evidence of prior molestation, he had another explanation.  A panel of pediatric experts was consulted and they concluded there was in fact evidence of prior vaginal trauma.

At the time Burke was nine.  The Colorado statutes said a child had to be twelve to form criminal intent.  There have been other cases (one recently) where children around nine have deliberately murdered.

There was fiber evidence linking to Patsy's clothing including underneath the duct tape covering her mouth.  There were Burke's Hi Tec boots and other evidence including marks from his train set pushed hard into her body.  That is a whole other huge post I won't go into now. 

There was DNA that was shown to have come from the factory that produced the brand-new, unwashed panties that were put on her after her body was wiped clean.  The panties were a size 12 and JonBenet was a size 6.  The panties were purchased as a Christmas present for Patsy's niece and she opened that package and put the panties on JonBenet (uinless you believe Burke did).

Studies have shown that new, unwashed clothes like those panties contain DNA of the people in the factory who handled them.  

There was other DNA that Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacey lied and said exonerated the family.  She just happened to be close friends with the Ramseys.  The DNA was degraded and the testing was misused. A subsequent District Attorney said Mary Lacey was not correct in her remarks to the public.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Tuned in to the show and my take was that the guests felt Patsy wrote the ransom letter. The friend of Patsy's said one of Patsy's annual Christmas letters contained the phrase "and hence".  Then they put the ransom note on the screen and there were those exact words. Hardly seemed like something a kidnapper would write while in a hurry to get out of the house.

@AuntG, other things about the ransom note:

It was written on Patsy's notepad with Patsy's pen

There were pages ripped out that were determined to be "practice notes" where the note was started and stopped

The amount demanded was, according to LE, insanely small for a kidnapping but just happened to match John's Christmas bonus of $118,000.  The FBI said it's always like a million or more.

There was language from some of John & Patsy's favorite movies in it.

It starts by saying "Mr. Ramsey" and partway through switches to "John"

and

It begins by saying "We are a small foreign faction" which is utterly ridiculous; what foreign faction (whatever that means) would identify themselves that way

Honored Contributor

The single most important evidence is the pineapple.  John and Patsy insisted JonBenet could not have eaten the pineapple because they didn't know she did.   LE that morning photographed the bowl of pineapple and milk with Patsy and Burke's fingerprints on it still on the kitchen counter.

And this:

Never in the annals of crime -- in the US and wordwide -- has there ever been a ransom note found in the same location as the dead body of the person supposedly kidnapped.  Never.  

Honored Contributor

Deja vu.  Until the CBS and Dr. Spitz cases go to court (which if the Ramseys have their way will never happen) this same stuff comes up over and over when really, it's settled.  It's sad.  He was a trouble boy already under the care of a psychiatrist with a prior history of hitting her and smearing feces in a box of chocolates she got and other stuff.  He was troubled, she's dead.  If the Ramseys would stop suing the case would no longer be so notorious.

Of course the very wealthy Ramseys started a foundation in her name which never gave away any money and closed a year or two later.  John said he'd devote his life to finding her killer but as soon as things cooled off revoked the reward money.  

He hasn't spent a day or a penny finding her killer because he knows who did it, that person cannot be prosecuted or even named, so I wish it would just go away but they are full of hatred for CBS for telling the truth.

Respected Contributor

Im in the minority, I dont think Burke did it. Much to sophisticated for a child.  The garout {sp} around the neck, I dont think so.

Honored Contributor

Oz and Phil remind me of a couple of ducks: Quack quack.

Don't watch either of them, they're both a waste of time and oxygen.

Let Jon Benet RIP. I doubt the whole truth will ever come out.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLoriI totally agree...

I

Honored Contributor

Wow. From what I understand is Burke has a history of abusing his sister  but his parents covered for him as well as the state of Colorado law enforcement and anyone associated with the legal system. As with any crime, it depends on who you know and the more affluent you are the better.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Im in the minority, I dont think Burke did it. Much to sophisticated for a child.  The garout {sp} around the neck, I dont think so.

@meem120, it was not a functioning garrotte, that was misreported.  Burke had learned to sail at their summer home on Lake Michigan and he was a Boy Scout at one point and the knots used were consistent with knots made by sailors and Boy Scouts.  The story that the knots were sophisticated is false.

It was a very unsophisticated crime.  Had it not been Christmas, had the police chief not been on vacation at the time, had better officers been called to the house and had they allowed the FBI to advise them, the crime scene would have been cleared, the parents and son separated and the whole thing would have been over.

The parents would have been charged and maybe found guilty and maybe not.  

As it stands LE botched this case so completely it was doomed from the get-go.  The room where she was was hidden with a latch at the top as well as a block of wood turning a door knob and the officer who searched the house didn't even open the door.

Later when told to search the house John Ramsey and his (former) best friend went straight there.  His best friend believes they covered up.  He has many reasons for believing that.

Honored Contributor

Your daughter has been 'kidnapped" -- the note left on the staircase that led up to Patsy and John's floor.  You don't search the house.  You tell the police you never woke your son to ask him if he saw or heard anything and to keep him close. 

You don't search the house.  Your daughter is gone and instead of searching the house you call your friends to come over and you call them before you call the police.