Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflowerwrote:

@winamac1wrote: 

It's just so sad how all of these ridiculous speculations are out there.  I feel for Burke and for the father.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think the detectives' theories are ridiculous. In my opinion, their theories are quite cogent. I don't think they were "out to get 'em" for no reason. The same with the grand jury.

@Daisy Sunflower

You are certainly entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.  Yes, IMO, they were out to get them.  IMO, they are innocent.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

A friend and I were discussing this case again.

Burke really slipped up when he said he had went back downstairs. Interesting that Dr. P overlooked that statement. 

It would have been interesting to see his reaction if Dr. P had asked him to explain what happened after going back downstairs. I wonder if he would have said too much and unintentionally confessed.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflowerwrote:

A friend and I were discussing this case again.

Burke really slipped up when he said he had went back downstairs. Interesting that Dr. P overlooked that statement. 

It would have been interesting to see his reaction if Dr. P had asked him to explain what happened after going back downstairs. I wonder if he would have said too much and unintentionally confessed.

@Daisy Sunflower, he slipped a few times but that was one of the most egregious.  "Luckily" he had the attorney he shares with Dr. Phil, Lin Wood, right off camera putting words in each of their mouths, stopping questions, etc.  He's not the smartest of attorneys, he missed that in the final edit and the pineapple issue was glaring the way it came out, I'm surprised Lin Wood didn't have them stop tape and re-do it.

Honored Contributor

Generally speaking, some people do 'snap' in a moment of anger, or just about anything.  

I also believe that some people operate in some sort of a 'daze', doing 'this and that'.  Sort of on auto-pilot.

I don't know what I would do if I had youngsters living in a very large house.  So many places to 'get into trouble'. 

Maybe set tracking alarms in each room/hallway during the night. 

It's a problem. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

As a side note, while I'm here: 

'And then', there sometimes are two or three people in a car, windows down, who drive around, just looking for trouble.

You can just see them, slowly driving around, scouting for something to do. 

That's why young women shouldn't be walking around or walking home late at night.  All it would take is a group of guys cruising around, just looking for trouble.

Well, enough said.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

Lori Lori, Speaking of THE "HAM SANDWICH." Grand Jurors only hear one side of a case, and it isn't the Defenses case. "YES" I was a grand juror. So not knowing what really happens GRAND JURORS will indict; because they don'tknow the "whole truth," that's how the term became the only way to tell what the GRAND JURY IS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Grand Jury could have stayed "forever" and never would know what to vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grand Juriies  serve no purpose: except to waste tax payers money!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get to the trial and get both sides .The time has  long past for Grand Juries to be gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

Just to add:   I'm talking from a Juror in Manhattan court system. The person who is on trial can get on the stand. But the defense attorney will be against the person to get on the stand. The man didn't get on the stand the week we heard the case; we "the grand jury" VOTED ON.