Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflowerwrote:

I wouldn't doubt it if Burke had done it all...hit her over the head, tied that thing around her neck and wrists...and then, at some point, poked her back with the train track to see if she were still alive. I think maybe Patsy had covered her with the blanket...although, he might have done that, too.

@Daisy Sunflower, exactly, clearly the person who said no one said Burke did it all hasn't read the thread.

I believe Burke did it all, hit her, strangled her twice with the cord, and pushed the train tracks (hard) into her skin.

At that point either Patsy or Patsy and John together did the following: 

wiped clean the flashlight and the batteries (which is a huge clue)'

wiped her her body clean 

re-dressed her in her favorite nightgown and the size 12 panties (JB was a size 6) Patsy had bought her niece for Christmas (and in crime scene photos you can see some of the gifts are ripped open haphazardly)

put the doll next to her

maybe made the fake garrotte that was not secured to her arms or maybe not

wrapped her in the blanket;

wote the ransom note after practicing a few times and ripping out those pages not knowing the police could read the writing through them anyway (some think John dictated it to Patsy, the one sure thing is it's Patsy's handwriting)

called their lawyers

called their friends

called their Reverend

called 911 and you can hear them talking to Burke who they said was asleep at the time and John says to him "We're not talking to you" and Patsy says, "Sweetie, what did you do?  What did you do?" and it's debatable whether Burke says, "They're gonna arrest me" (which they could not have done and the Ramseys already knew that) and then the phone is put securely on the cradle

had their friends clean up and victim's advocates clean up making it impossible to dust for fingerprints

BUT:

what was left alone -- because the Ramseys did not know JonBenet ate the pineapple that is the single most damning evidence in this case -- what was left alone on the counter in plain sight and without fingerprints removed like the flashlight, was the bowl of pineapple with Patsy's and Burke's fingerprints

Patsy told LE she never saw that bowl

Burke told Dr. Phil he couldn't remember their favorite snack and when prompted by Dr. Phil/their mutual attorney mentioned the pineapple

then instead of talking to LE like every other parent of every other kidnapped or murdered child, they hustled Burke out of the house (where Fleet White would see him demonstrate to his son how JonBenet was hit on the head)

flew to Atlanta and gave an interview not to the police but to CNN

negotiated for months and months and months to talk to the police and were given the questions in advance by pals at the DA's office and higher up in government

refused to produce evidence.  fibers were found on JonBenet, especially under the duct tape on her mouth (staging) (and hello, Casey Anthony evidence) but Patsy refused to produce the jsweater jacket.  when she finally "complied" she gave them a brand-new one that had never been laundered and still had the folds on it

on and on and on and the grand jury confirms it and frankly Burke's interview with Dr. Phil had the opposite effect intended

Respected Contributor

I just hope JonBenet and her mother are together at peace.

Honored Contributor

I hope Jon Benet and Patsy, as well, both rest in peace.  It's so sad how Patsy was blamed for this.  There was no motive and from all reports, she was a kind and caring manner.  

I don't believe for one second the father, the mother or the brother vciously murdered this little girl.

One needs a motive.  Bed wetting is certainly not a motive for a mother who has no history of abuse and who seemed to live for that daugher.  

It's just so sad how all of these ridiculous speculations are out there.  I feel for Burke and for the father.

Just because Burke is a bit odd and was odd on that Dr. Phil interview, does not make him a murderer.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1wrote:

I hope Jon Benet and Patsy, as well, both rest in peace.  It's so sad how Patsy was blamed for this.  There was no motive and from all reports, she was a kind and caring manner.  

I don't believe for one second the father, the mother or the brother vciously murdered this little girl.

One needs a motive.  Bed wetting is certainly not a motive for a mother who has no history of abuse and who seemed to live for that daugher.  

It's just so sad how all of these ridiculous speculations are out there.  I feel for Burke and for the father.

Just because Burke is a bit odd and was odd on that Dr. Phil interview, does not make him a murderer.

Anger can be a motive for murder, and a common one at that.  It is often the reason for bringing a charge that is less that first degree murder.   Posted because @winamac1  you keep insisting that there is no motive, whenever this topic is brought up on the board. Whether it's bedwetting or some other reason, it is very possible JB was killed in a moment of anger.  Whether by Patsy or by Burke. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

QVC Customer Care

Just a reminder to be respectful of other poster's opinions.  There are certainly many different theories on this subject and everyone is entitled to express their own point of view.

Barb

Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1wrote: 

I respectfully disagree. I don't think the detectives' theories are ridiculous. In my opinion, their theories are quite cogent. I don't think they were "out to get 'em" for no reason. The same with the grand jury.

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone know any details about that 911 call that was made from their house during their Xmas party?

It could be irrelevant, but I always thought that was strange. Supposedly, one of their friends had answered the door when the police arrived.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflowerwrote:

Anyone know any details about that 911 call that was made from their house during their Xmas party?

It could be irrelevant, but I always thought that was strange. Supposedly, one of their friends had answered the door when the police arrived.

@Daisy Sunflower, that is one of the mysteries.  The call was made from the Ramsey home when they were entertaining on Dec. 23rd.  There are explanations but none is reliable.   Susan Stine who was thisclose to Patsy answered the door but said there was no need for the police so they left.  I wonder if the grand jury heard about it.