Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Mathis -- last night

A music icon for sure.    His voice just soothes the soul.

I also heard that he is an excellent cook!!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Christmas season , I saw him live in concert at the Green theatre in town.  He is great on PBS, but was so bad in live con set, I think he was tired or sick, wi walked out at intermission on a 200 dollar ticket. I have ways love Johnny. Mathis, still do.

A couple months before saw Tony Bennett and he was great.  Nothing but standing ovations.

Regular Contributor

In college, we called him "Johnny Mattress."

Respected Contributor

I saw him in concert at Interlochen many years ago: totally mesmerizing!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition wrote:

Christmas season , I saw him live in concert at the Green theatre in town.  He is great on PBS, but was so bad in live con set, I think he was tired or sick, wi walked out at intermission on a 200 dollar ticket. I have ways love Johnny. Mathis, still do.

A couple months before saw Tony Bennett and he was great.  Nothing but standing ovations.

Was that about the time his home in Los Angeles burned down ?

@qvcaddition

Esteemed Contributor

YOu ask how long I'll love you.  I'll tell you true.  UNtil the  12th of Never I'll still be loving you.

My DH's and my song.  DAnced to at our wedding in 1972.  WHen he passed away and the funeral director was putting together the memorial photo he asked what song I wanted played as the photos showed that is the one I chose.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE

@SharkE wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@qvcaddition

I didn,t know about the fire.  Time flies, but I think it was 12/2015

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

YOu ask how long I'll love you.  I'll tell you true.  UNtil the  12th of Never I'll still be loving you.

My DH's and my song.  DAnced to at our wedding in 1972.  WHen he passed away and the funeral director was putting together the memorial photo he asked what song I wanted played as the photos showed that is the one I chose.

---------------------------

Lovely......  Heart

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@SharkE

@SharkE wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@qvcaddition

I didn,t know about the fire.  Time flies, but I think it was 12/2015

Thought maybe why his singing  was off he just lost his home. Wonder what caused it ?

Plus, he's no Spring chicken any more. His worst days are still better then some of the crowing that's out there. LOL

Valued Contributor

He is still touring--he came to my city in April, 2017. I had a friend who saw him, and she said he was absolutely wonderful! Slowing down a bit, like we all are.

His tour is called "The Voice of Romance." He is 81 years young, and has over 60 years in the recording industry.