Esteemed Contributor

One of my local PBS stations showed a Johnny Mathis concert last night during the Pledge week!!  I think it was an old show. Two wonderful hours of Johnny -  all the oldies I remember from long ago!!   I was floating away, at the same time, crying my eyes out!  His songs bring out every emotion from me.  So many memories... high school all the way thru college...love his music!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Johnny Mathis -- last night

Wish I had known, what a voice that man was blessed with!

Honored Contributor

I have always adored Johnny Mathis.  He has the most amazing voice.  I've watched several PBS shows where he's just stood and sang.

When I saw your heading....I thought, "OK I don't go to concerts but if he's touring....I'm in".  Ha!

Actually on a birthday a few years ago my family rented a limo for me and friends and took us to DC to see a Barry Manilow concert.  He was amazing and it was fun knowing all of his songs.  Did he sound perfect?  No, but who cares it was still Barry just like it would be Johnny Mathis.

Respected Contributor

"Chances are......"   Just love him and his voice.  Oh, and he's so good looking too!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I have always adored Johnny Mathis.  He has the most amazing voice.  I've watched several PBS shows where he's just stood and sang.

When I saw your heading....I thought, "OK I don't go to concerts but if he's touring....I'm in".  Ha!

Actually on a birthday a few years ago my family rented a limo for me and friends and took us to DC to see a Barry Manilow concert.  He was amazing and it was fun knowing all of his songs.  Did he sound perfect?  No, but who cares it was still Barry just like it would be Johnny Mathis.

------------

One of my favorite events. while in.college. was going to a Johnny concert!!  Heavenly music.....

Honored Contributor

I saw it a few months ago and loved it. 

My brother met Johnny in the late 60's at a TV station where he worked. He said he was extremely kind and soft spoken, intelligent, and respectful. His voice was even better in person.

I saw him in person many years ago and loved it.

Respected Contributor

What a show! Hit after hit and he sounds the same and looks good too,I thought it was an old show done years ago.

Was shocked to find out it was filmed this month, and he is 81! No smoke and mirrors, no lip syncing, no raunchy stuff, just him, the mike and the audience.

Amazing! I enjoyed every moment.

Since it is PBS and used for pledge drive it will be on over and over, so don't fret if you missed the program.

Trusted Contributor

We saw him about ten years ago at Wolf Trap, Northern Virginia.  Really enjoyed the show, one of my favorites.  He did, however, have a comic come on for a "halftime show" which was okay - but I would rather have had more songs and singing but I don't get to choose. JM looked and sounded great.

Respected Contributor

@corita

Thank you for the heads up on this, I will be Shure to keep an eye out for it on PBS.

Honored Contributor

It is an older show, seen it several times, it is wonderful.