Respected Contributor

Re: Johnny Galecki's announcement.

@Cakers3 wrote:

@J Town Girl   You just contradicted yourself.

Hollywood isn't the only place where older men have babies with younger women.

Who asked you what is in the best interest of the child anyway?

I found your post to be rather rude.    If you were speaking to someone in person would you say to them what you said in your last sentence?    Polite disagreement is certainly fine but being snarky isn't appropriate.  

Respected Contributor

I think it is great to find love, with whomever you wish- Sara Gilbert admitted to having a crush on him during Roseanne, and dated him, but it was while she was dating him that she realized she was gay, so i dont think they had a long romantic relationship..

Kaley Cuoco has been married twice in real life since  BBT  began.. I am frankly  just wondering how the SHOW will end for Penny and Leonard..

Hope Johnny and  Alaina will be happy as well!

Esteemed Contributor

There are a lot of problems in our country today that keep me up at night this is not one of them.

Johnny & his girlfriend are both consenting adults.They aren’t hurting anybody or breaking any laws.I wish them happiness.

I know 2 couples who are at least 20 years apart in age.They are both in long term relationships & have children.I also know quite a few couples who are close in age who are divorced.Relationships are personal.Some work & some don’t.That’s life.

Honored Contributor

I recently watched a 1990 tv miniseries Blind Faith, and Johnny was in it, cute kid, and great job in such a serious traumatic film.

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but this forum is becoming too painful to even read anymore.

I agree.  So much judgement being passed all the time from “practically perfect” people! 

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder about something, and I am just throwing this out there as food for thought, but if the woman was 20+ years older than the guy, would people still be so blase about the relationship, and soon-to-be baby?

I don't know.

I'm just asking.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   I think the reason why it’s much more common for younger women to be in relationships (especially ones that lead to having babies) with older men, is due to biology.  Women have a much shorter procreation time than men. 

Johnny, at age 44, can likely father children for many more years. A 44 year old woman could have a baby or two, but they would be considered high risk pregnancies. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

If anyone else has already posted this I apologize but I saw an announcement the other day that TBBT star, Johnny Galecki is expecting his first child with his 21-year-old girlfriend.  He's 44 years old.

I was just thinking how my family would have reacted if had I announced at 21 that I was pregnant with a child from a 44-year-old man.   

I know they do things in Hollywood that is far from the norm but that is quite an age difference.   She is barely out of her teens.   

Since I don't know either party I can't comment on how strong the relationship is but I wouldn't count on it being a lifetime commitment.  

It's kind of a shame when they bring a child into situations that probably aren't the best in the interest of that child.

@J Town Girl   You just contradicted yourself.

Hollywood isn't the only place where older men have babies with younger women.

Who asked you what is in the best interest of the child anyway?

@Cakers3 The scold routine is really old. Comment applies to your post below the one quoted too.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Granted, he is not an old man, but many old men marry women young enough to be their daughters or granddaughters. Then they have kids that would young enough to be their great great grandchildren. 

Yes, I think money pays a big part.

Famous people do this all the time as do people that aren’t famous but rich. Could name a few.

They're getting married?  I missed that part. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

There are a lot of problems in our country today that keep me up at night this is not one of them.

Johnny & his girlfriend are both consenting adults.They aren’t hurting anybody or breaking any laws.I wish them happiness.

I know 2 couples who are at least 20 years apart in age.They are both in long term relationships & have children.I also know quite a few couples who are close in age who are divorced.Relationships are personal.Some work & some don’t.That’s life.

@NicksmomESQ  I think there would be fewer problems in the world if children started their lives with two parents in a committed relationship and with the child's welfare their highest priority.  Don't you?

Age difference doesn't bother me.  Lack of committment does. 

Keepin' it real.