Re: Johnny Galecki's announcement.

@J Town Girl 

Maybe he is a “late-bloomer?”

I always kind of thought he was!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not that Hollywood does things differently.  This happens in normal, everyday life as well.    

I can assure you my family never would of thought I "hit the jackpot" because I was with someone with money.  My family would have wanted me to be happy, first and foremost and in our family, we have the attitude that you never know what is going to happen and everyone should be able to support himself/herself.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

tenor.gifxhbdajm88gxixketlupj.gif

@Mz iMac 

Love when this song comes on the radio when I am alone in my car...I rock!

girl6.gif

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It's not that Hollywood does things differently.  This happens in normal, everyday life as well.    

I can assure you my family never would of thought I "hit the jackpot" because I was with someone with money.  My family would have wanted me to be happy, first and foremost and in our family, we have the attitude that you never know what is going to happen and everyone should be able to support himself/herself.    

Well, she’ll certainly be able to support herself! 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Maybe they are deeply in love...each other's soul mates...Maybe they will marry and live happily ever after.  Babies are a blessing and should always be celebrated.  

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

If anyone else has already posted this I apologize but I saw an announcement the other day that TBBT star, Johnny Galecki is expecting his first child with his 21-year-old girlfriend.  He's 44 years old.

I was just thinking how my family would have reacted if had I announced at 21 that I was pregnant with a child from a 44-year-old man.   

I know they do things in Hollywood that is far from the norm but that is quite an age difference.   She is barely out of her teens.   

Since I don't know either party I can't comment on how strong the relationship is but I wouldn't count on it being a lifetime commitment.  

It's kind of a shame when they bring a child into situations that probably aren't the best in the interest of that child.

@J Town Girl   You just contradicted yourself.

Hollywood isn't the only place where older men have babies with younger women.

Who asked you what is in the best interest of the child anyway?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Such mean-spirited comments.  Oh yeah, "I have the right to post my opinion".

Save it.

Why on earth are people so negative and hard-hearted???

One would think all would be wishing them well.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I wonder how different the comments would be if this was a 44 YO nobody guy and a 21 YO nobody girl...maybe a poster's neighbors...having his baby.

First of all, the nobody would never have been mentioned on this or any other social media board, except for his extended circle of friends and acquaintances. Secondly, I imagine that within that extended circle of nobodies, there would be various comments about the age difference, and probably about her choice of someone that age. After all, the nobody isn't probably a millionaire.

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

tenor.gifxhbdajm88gxixketlupj.gif

I love that Kanye song!!  Back before Ms. Kim K!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@J Town Girl 

Maybe he is a “late-bloomer?”

I always kind of thought he was!

He's had many many girlfriends, including Kaleu Cuoco in real life as well as Sarah Gilbert in real life. At 44, he has probably decided it's time to settle down. I can understand what he sees in the 21 year old. But there's a couple things I can see about her attraction to him. He's old enough to be her father. Either  she has a daddy complex, or its the money and lifestyle. Then there's the possibility that she fell in love with him. At any rate, it's none of my business, and I wish them well...and the baby.