Esteemed Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

I personally won’t be seeing any subsequent Aquaman movies as long as she’s in them. If Depp does something that interests me, I would absolutely go. Don’t believe her. Never did. Too many people with far more personal knowledge has spoken out for Depp; everyone can’t be lying.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego - I won't be bothering to see the new "Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore" film.

They dropped Depp from the role after Heard made all these wild accusations.  They didn't even bother to find out if any of it was true.

He's lost out on a lot of other work, too.  However, whatever he ends up in, in the future, I'll pay to go see it!

I wouldn't cross the street to see anything she's in.  Second-rate talent anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I'm certainly interested in the outcome, because I think Amber Heard is a pathological liar.  Every time she gets confronted about this situation, she adds even more ludicrous "incidents" to her story.

And way back she said the money she got from Depp in their divorce settlement was going to be donated to two charities.  To date those charities say they've never seen a penny of it.  And we're to believe she's telling the truth?  She accused the LAPD of lying about what they found, when they went to the apartment where she claims he threw things and broke glass.  They saw no damage, no indication of any violence.  They took photos!

And now she's saying Depp one time dragged her across a floor of broken glass???  But she had no need for medical attention?  A trip to the ER?  Give me a break.  If anyone should be canceled, she should.  That's my opinion and nothing more she can make up will change it.  She and her girlfriend should just go away, they already got millions from him.

She's a kindred spirit to Heather Mills.

@Venezia 

Honestly, I feel sorry for JD.   How sad that he ever got involved with that fruitcake!  

Honored Contributor

Was just confirmed that JD will be testifying/taking the stand tomorrow Tuesday 4/19.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Court TV: Johnny Depp is testifying Now in his defamation trial against ex-wife Amber Heard.

Johnny Depp laughs in court when nurse questioned over explicit note about  his ****** | The Independent

Honored Contributor

The television is on right now as background noise, I'm not even in the room but can hear it.  It's bizarre listening and hearing him speak.

Honored Contributor

He cleans up nicely!

Honored Contributor

How did he do, was he convincing?

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain   They haven't gotten to the abuse yet.  It did come out that he was still living w/his baby mama when the affair started w/a kiss after coming out of the shower.  Not sure if Amber was coming out of the shower of JD.  Amber kissed JD & he stated he was kind of surprised as he was still w/his baby mama (I forgot her name).

@Pearlee  I mentioned that a few posts up in this thread.  He looks very good for a 58 yr old who has been drugging & drinking since the age of 11 or 12.  I never noticed how good looking he is until this trial.  I just may have to add him to my future baby daddy list.

===========================================

Wish I was a friend of JD so I could live in one of his penhouses (penthouse #1 & penthouse #2 Smiley LOL ) and/or houses RENT FREE for years on end.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I suprised myself by watching a little of his testimony.

Have not been a fan of Johnny Depp, but think he is a charismatic actor.  Some of his intemperate public statements in the past have turned me off, but then, so what else is new?   Few actors impress me with their acuity or even just common sense.

Listening to him on the stand made me so sad for his life.  His mother was a classic abuser, according to his account.  He and his siblings never knew which one of them she'd come after.

He said she could hit you in the head with a phone;  hit you with a high heel.  She'd mock the children -- with him, he had a lazy eye, that she would actually make fun of.  He said you learned to try to stay out of her way, not be the one who stood out and who she'd come after....

He's an actor, and of course knows how to shape an audience's perceptions and all that.  Nevertheless, I found him sad and sympathetic as an abused child.  The drinking and drugging and foolish living makes so much more sense in terms of that context.

He categorically denied Amber Heard's accusations.   

His lawyer definitely did not strike me as a legal mastermind, but if her goal in leading him through this, was to stir sympathy, I'm thinking that goal may have been met...