Esteemed Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

[ Edited ]

@Venezia 

agree, she tells different stories and has embellished upon it over time.

He left his wife of many years for her and then things went sour .  I don't know aht happened  between them  but her story does change  per sources . Her career soared  after she  called him an abuser. He's broke from over spending and  loosing roles in movies , so I can see what has prompted him to sue.

I really  turned to dislike Johnny Depp  since he made comments abt when a President was last assassinated . I used to like to watch him as an actor but no more . Sad, that he's broke after so many movies  and now this sour breakup , however his life choices brought him to this point. They say that some of Amber Heard's other boyfriends such as Elon Musk , James Franco  and men he has accused her of being unfaithful with while they were married.  she dated some men Elon, Musk  Sean Pen, Sean faris, Crispin Glover , among  other well known  women

Valued Contributor

I just started watching this today, but on the computer.  Court tv is getting on my last nerve, its like 5 minutes of testimony and 10 minutes of the same commercials over and over.  It makes me so irritated, they break in so often.  I had Court tv on the tv years ago and don't remember it being like that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac - Yes, Johnny Depp does look rather well for a "junkie and alcoholic", doesn't he?

I don't know about both of them losing work since this started.  She continued to act in movies initially, while his career was tanked.  It's interesting that all of this vitriol from her (and accusations of abuse) only started after he refused to give her everything she asked for during their divorce.  (Poor thing having to settle for $7 million for less than a year of marriage.)

There was an interesting in-depth article in 2020 about who decided the marriage was over (Depp) and why and how it all turned sour after that.  IMO, "hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned".

And at the time of the divorce, it was openly known that she was in a relationship with a girlfriend, who was advising her on how to proceed.  At the time, I thought she was going to drag him through the mud in retaliation and she's done it.

The court case in Britain was a farce.  The judge "decided" with no evidence to back up her claims, that they were "probably true".  WTH???  I think the judge was swayed by a pretty face and a sweet as sugar demeanor in public.  But that's just my opinion.  She does a disservice to all woman (and men) who are truly abused.

Honored Contributor

I just had to mention one other thing.  During the trial in Britain, Heard's medical notes were entered in evidence and listed a "history of substance abuse" with an addiction to cocaine 'The notes said Heard experienced anxiety, insecurity and jealousy and had “severe outbursts of anger and rage.” '

I wonder how the judge in that case squared that with thinking her allegations were "probably true"?  I think he suspended rational thought.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44  "He left his wife of many years for her and then things went sour . "

If you mean the mother of his 2 children, they never married.  Matter of fact, during this trial, she is referred to as his "partner/former partner."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac 

THanks, for clarification

Honored Contributor

@skatting44   I thought they were married too!  It's possible the State where they lived does not recognize "common law" marriages.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Yes, she reminds me a lot of Heather Mills.

I don't care about Johnny Depp one way or the other but I don't believe he laid a hand on this psychotic B unless it was in self-defense.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac - Depp's former partner was French and they lived in France.  I think her name is Vanessa Paradis.  She doesn't have a bad word to say about him.  When this Amber Heard business all started she said that in their 20 years together he never raised a hand to her and was never verbally abusive.

She was quoted as saying that's not the man she knew.  Winona Ryder has said the same.

But in a year of marriage to Heard he suddenly becomes a monster?  Hmm.    I wonder why I don't believe her.

Honored Contributor

They're both freaky.  Except Depp had the talent.  They've both successfully destroyed themselves.  Why bother anymore?