Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

AH is running around like a chicken w/its head cut off.  She does not act like a person who is "filing for an appeal."  Have any of the interviewers asked her if she is?

Have any of the interviewers asked why her "tons of evidence" were not presented in court?

Why she did not seek medical attention for the most sever injuries (alleged)?

I have not seen any of AH interviews.  I guess the next stop will be 60 Minutes. Smiley Tongue

What I find strange....her attorney as well as her PR team is letting her do these interviews!  Are they still repping her?  If so, they must be doing so pro bono if she is crying broke.

I found this regarding appeals:  "While there is no such thing as an “average” appeal, a litigant should not expect to pay less than $10,000 unless the issues are simple and limited in number. For complex cases, fee amounts of $15,000 to $30,000 are not uncommon."

EDIT:  I see she will be on Dateline Friday for an hour sit down interview.  Against my better judgement, I am going to watch. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac 

I love the emoji, I can't see it and not smile. Smiley Happy

It does make me wonder, though, have you not heard of Law Tube? It's been around for years. Here's a excerpt from an online article from Politique Republic 

"Politique Republic promotes creators exercising their first amendment rights regardless of ideology. The growing community of lawyers livestreaming high-profile trials, known as 'LawTube', has changed the way millions view the justice system."

The difference between Main Stream Media and Law Tube Lawyers is that, unlike MSM, the Law Tube lawyers are able to say whatever they believe rather than simply spewing the nonsense that MSM insists they put out. MSM, in fact, is so jealous of this that they're doing everything in their power to have the LTL's demonetized. For example, they're infuriated that Nick Rekieta of Rekieta Law earned at least $135,000 over the course of the JD trial. They have made sure to make this personal information available to the public but do you think NBC will ever cop to how much they're paying AH for this ridiculous interview or how much they will profit from it? Not a chance. 

Here's a list of 2022's top LTLawyers ~

• Emily D. Baker J.D.
  • Nate Broady J.D., Nate The Lawyer
  • David Freiheit J.D., Viva Frei
  • Larry Forman J.D., The DUI Guy+
  • Robert Gouveia J.D., Robert Gouveia Esq.
  • Joe Nierman J.D., Good Lawgic
  • Alina "Alyte" Mazeika J.D., LegalBytes
  • Rob Moreton J.D., Law & Lumber
  • Nick Rekieta J.D., Rekieta Law
  • Ian Runkle J.D., Runkle Of The Bailey

There are others as well and they're a pretty awesome group. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2   Nope! Never heard of Law Tube.  I just now "subscribed" to it.  Their "chat" feature comments are cracking me up!  I'm never going to bed at this rate. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

"I'm never going to bed at this rate. Smiley LOL@Mz iMac 

I hear that. I listen to these lawyers so much that Netflix is starting to think I've forgotten them, lol. Smiley Very Happy

Right now I'm listening to Joe Nierman's channel "Good Lawgic." He has two guest lawyers on--Andrew Branka of "Hard to Convict" and Sean of "Potentially Criminal." They're discussing whether AH is continuing to defame JD and whether or not he can get an injunction to get her to stfu. It's very interesting. 

Honored Contributor

Just saw a bit on GMA about a male juror speaking out on their decision and how they arrived at it.

She wasn't believable, made (some of the jurors) uncomfortable that she turned and talked to them.  And some referred to her tears a crocodile tears and she could go from crying to being 'cold' on the turn of a dime.

I honestly never saw one wet tear on her face.  I only saw a *dry cry*. 

But, I never watched the hearing except for maybe 10-15 mins. one day.  Saw the *emotional* testimony online.

The donation scam was what really got the jury, too.

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2  I just discovered "Law Tube" during this trial. Emily and Nick were the first ones I happened to see, but Good Lawgic quickly became my favorite and the one I watch the most. I fell asleep last night with my tablet on my chest listening to the discussion you mentioned lol

There are a few of them, though, that I dislike so much that I can't even watch my favorites if they have one of them as a guest. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I listen to these lawyers so much that Netflix is starting to think I've forgotten them, lol. Smiley Very Happy

LOL. I've also been listening to a lot of stuff concerning this trial. I've even watched My Dog Stepped On A Bee reenactments and listened to some of the "songs" a few times (Crazy Eyes, Johnny, and I Didn't Punch You, I Hit You).

Esteemed Contributor

One of my favorites, Peter Tragos of "Lawyer You Know," is currently reacting to the clip of juror who spoke out. 

He's (Peter, not the juror) young, smart, and has a lot of common sense. Oh, and on a side note...he's very easy on the eyes, lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@SusieQ_2  I just discovered "Law Tube" during this trial. Emily and Nick were the first ones I happened to see, but Good Lawgic quickly became my favorite and the one I watch the most. I fell asleep last night with my tablet on my chest listening to the discussion you mentioned lol

There are a few of them, though, that I dislike so much that I can't even watch my favorites if they have one of them as a guest. 

@VanSleepy 

I almost did the same but once the guests left and Joe started answering the super chat questions I decided I'd had enough. Sometimes the super chats are interesting to me because they ask questions I was wondering about also but by that time it had been hours. 

One thing I appreciate about Joe is that often, or at least sometimes, I have a different opinion than him. It used to be that I would just turn off the video and find someone whose opinion lined up more closely to my own. But what I noticed about Joe is that he's likable enough that I stay and listen and I feel like I've learned from him. 

I can't think of any of them that I really dislike but I feel like the majority of them are pretty conservative. Leaning toward being socially liberal myself that bothered me at first but, like I mentioned, it's nice to get more than one pov. 

Esteemed Contributor

"LOL. I've also been listening to a lot of stuff concerning this trial. I've even watched My Dog Stepped On A Bee reenactments and listened to some of the "songs" a few times (Crazy Eyes, Johnny, and I Didn't Punch You, I Hit You)." ~ @Daisy Sunflower 

I think most of the songs were written by the artist "Gladfly." The lyrics are hilarious and listening too much can be dangerous. One day I listened to "Objection Hearsay" a few times in a row and as a result every time someone said something to me it was all I could do to stop myself from saying Objection Hearsay and in the same way it's sung in the video. Yikes!

Can you imagine your neighbor saying to you "I heard it was going to be a scorching hot day" or the cashier at Trader Joe's saying "I heard the watermelons are really good this year" and all you can think in your mind is Objection! Hearsay!

Moral of the story is be careful...that stuff is addictive. Although I think, like me, you may have already reached the point of no return. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

I was surprised to learn those songs are available on iTunes, Spotify, and Apple Music. I guess we're not the only ones who like them!