Super Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

I give Amber credit for learning from one mistake. She saw how her attorney's jury shaming went over like a lead ballon.

Did she though? From the couple of snippets I saw it sounds like she is saying "I don't blame them, I understand, people think they know him, he's a beloved character, a fantastic actor" & then "how could they not come to that conclusion after 3 weeks of testimony from paid employees & randos" ....Sounds like she blames the jury for being biased, the witnesses & social media. 

I can't with her never being able to take responsibility for absolutely nothing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoechic - Yes, it's similar to what's known as a "backhanded compliment".

She's "not blaming" the jury.  She's just saying they were too incompetent to reach an unbiased decision, because they were "dazzled" by Depp's likable persona and were lied to by Depp's friends, employees, legal team - in short everyone but her.  So..umm...they were too stupid to reach the "correct" verdict.

She really never takes responsibility for anything.  I hate to think of how she treated her legal team after the loss.  (I have no sympathy for her sister, after she lied under oath.)  Amber Heard will go to her grave lying and blaming everyone else for everything.

Respected Contributor

Amber Heard is one very sick puppy!  Exactly as described by the psychiatrist. she should be under doctor's care.  She loves the limelight, feel so sorry for her child, she should be spending time with her instead of propagating her falsehoods.

She is, now, defaming the jury.............accusing them of not doing their job properly because they were "influenced" by Johnny's acting ability, as well as social media and not by the evidence presented.  The jury was incompetent because they found in favor of Johnny Depp based on the evidence his team presented and his testimony.

Trusted Contributor

One court believed her, another did not. She needs to accept the verdict and move on. Nobody wants to hear her opinion of the jury. 

Respected Contributor

Morgan Night (trailer park owner) and Morgan Tremaine (guy from TMZ) have changed their Twitter names to Rando #1 and Rando #2 lol

Esteemed Contributor

She said Johnny had convinced the world that he had scissors for fingers. Maybe she was making what she thought was a cute joke, but she sure sounded serious. What a strange thing to say.

She's setting herself up for more jokes...lol. What a nutjob.

Respected Contributor

I just saw another part of the interview that was a lot longer than the snippet yesterday. Savannah Guthrie was a lot harder on her and seemed to even be smirking at her at times.

I'm surprised Amber's team chose Savannah for the interview since SG said her husband was consulting with Brown Rudnick. 

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

She said Johnny had convinced the world that he had scissors for fingers. Maybe she was making what she thought was a cute joke, but she sure sounded serious. What a strange thing to say.

She's setting herself up for more jokes...lol. What a nutjob.

@Daisy Sunflower   Not strange.  JD played Edward Scissorhands in the movie w/the same name.  That is why AH said what she said.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at Tue, Jun 14, 2022-11.12.07 AM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, we all know it's a movie. Seems like she's trying hard to make people believe that JD fans aren't too bright and that's why his fans believed him and not her.

Respected Contributor

I thought it was a bizarre comment too, but the more I thought about it, I think I get what she was trying to say.  It was in response to Camille's saying that she put on the performance of her life. She was saying that he convinced the world he had scissors for hands - meaning he's the one who's a good actor and was putting on a performance.