Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

@QVCPhobe wrote:

It seems to me that he was out for revenge

@QVCPhobe   The defamation suit is about what AH "stated" in the interview she gave to The Wash. Post about domestic abuse.  JD name was NOT mentioned in the article.  What she stated in the interview occurred around the time she was married to JD. 

JD is trying to "clear his name.

It seems to me that she is blaming JD for her decline in getting acting rolls instead of blaming her non acting skills.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Lesa wrote:

Gimme some Truth -
Written by John Lennon
Voice and Instruments by Johnny Depp, featuring Jeff Beck on guitar.
Produced Robert Adam Stevenson & Johnny Depp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88I0HBCAFwg 

Team Johnny

@Lesa - thanks for that link.  I watched that, then saw that JD was in a Paul McCartney video "My Valentine".  Beautiful song and video.

And then, I happened to see another item on the sidebar.  I won't post a link here, but it was the channel "Popcorned Planet" and he had on Steven Crowley, who starred in the film "Never Back Down" with none other than AH!

He said she got angry, when the studio for that film was thinking of doing drug testing on site, because they felt something wasn't right.  Interesting because I've commented before that in photos with JD at events, her eyes don't look focused and it's almost as if he's having to hold her steady.

What he had to say about her was shocking.  It's about 20 minutes long, but he said she was flat out lying and that she is a cocaine user.  (They used the euphemism "Coca Cola" to avoid any legal issues.)

He also explained how she could be utterly charming, when she wants to, but he saw her apartment after her former wife visited and they had a fight (the wife had a zero-tolerance to drugs and alcohol).  He said the apartment was trashed, with broken bottles and stuff.

He didn't dislike her, as such, but it seems it was an eye-opening experience for him, listening to her on the witness stand.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  The Washington Post piece was an op-ed, which in old school newspaper language means opposite the editorial page, the place where non-newspaper staff opinions are published. It was "written" by AH with lots and lots of help from the ACLU communications and legal departments.

In most cases of this type, the ACLU and the Washington Post would also have been sued, but this lawsuit is a continuance of the JD/AH divorce. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCPhobe, I suspect it seemed to many that she was the one out for revenge when she agree to submit an OP to The Washington Post.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

In the large scheme of things I wonder how much the outcome actually matters. I think Depp has untarnished his reputation a bit. I think Heard's true colors have been shown. I also think the trial displayed just how little acting skills Heard possesses.

@Etoile308 I think the outcome does matter to Johnny Depp. Public vindication would be a way to put this to rest. I agree he has untarnished his reputation. I agree we see Amber’s true colors. She is a very troubled woman. We will see and hear a lot more from Amber Heard. She won't be able to control her violent impulses.

Respected Contributor

I saw something on YouTube this morning where when she is busy writing on her notepad, at times she isn't even writing anything. Just pretending to be writing. At first I thought the video was faked, but then the camera pans out and it's real lol.  It also shows her repeatedly turning to the lawyer next to her (the guy who is not Rottenborn) and he's just ignoring her.

If interested, search Amber Heard Caught Faking Notes. It's less than 3 minutes long.

Honored Contributor

@QVCPhobe wrote:

No one will really win here.  It seems to me that he was out for revenge and wants to ruin her and he is doing that.  He will not  leave this clean.   Just my opinion.

I don't see a winner here, either.  Depp has claimed he filed this suit in order to clear his name for his children. In doing so, what dirty laundry has he exposed them to?  

I hope they're in therapy.  They'll likely need it for the rest of their lives.  

Super Contributor

@VanSleepy  Lol...she is batsh*t crazy!

Super Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

In the large scheme of things I wonder how much the outcome actually matters. I think Depp has untarnished his reputation a bit. I think Heard's true colors have been shown. I also think the trial displayed just how little acting skills Heard possesses.

Agree. Several pages back I noted she needs to fire her acting coach. I don't think she did herself any favors and may have jeopardized future acting jobs with with her "performance" on the witness stand.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@QVCPhobe wrote:

No one will really win here.  It seems to me that he was out for revenge and wants to ruin her and he is doing that.  He will not  leave this clean.   Just my opinion.

I don't see a winner here, either.  Depp has claimed he filed this suit in order to clear his name for his children. In doing so, what dirty laundry has he exposed them to?  

I hope they're in therapy.  They'll likely need it for the rest of their lives.  

@september - Nothing they hadn't already heard from the previous trial and the absolutely vicious and vile claims Amber Heard had already broadcast to the world.

If she wants Johnny to "leave (her) alone" perhaps she could stop writing op-eds and leaking stories and videos to TMZ and other news outlets.

I'm still stunned that the judge in the U.K. trial accepted Amber Heard's words as gospel.  Whatever happened to requiring evidence to back up those claims?  I can understand the tabloid rag "The Sun" doing that because all they care about is profit and sensationalism.  But I expect more from a court.

And Depp's lawyers weren't allowed to produce evidence or witnesses to counter those claims?  Then they were denied an appeal?  SMH.