Esteemed Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

@PickyPicky2 wrote:

I'm glad Team Johnny is questioning this entertainment expert's selection of comp actors. Amber does not belong in that group. 

Added: Too fast talking, loose with the facts and quick to not know information she should know. How much is she being paid? 

Johnny's lawyer did a good job proving AH is nowhere near comparable to the group of actors she quoted. And her excuse was there just aren't that many actors to compare her to. Give me a break! Unfortunately it was such a boring cross I could hardly stay awake let alone pay attention. 

Kathryn Arnold's fee to testify is $650 per hour and over the 3 year period she has worked with AH she's been paid $60,000. That's right--sixty thousand dollars to get someone to say Aquaman was the most successful movie ever. Apparently sixty thousand buys a whole lot of lies.

Respected Contributor

I kept waiting for a commentator to explain why they kept referring to the "Depp/Waldman" statements.  I thought the jury was supposed to decide whether or not Waldman was speaking on Depp's behalf. Did I miss any explanation on that?

(Not 100% sure I have lawyer's name right.) 

Esteemed Contributor

@VanSleepy 

The only reason, I mean excuse, we got for that was to make it easy for the witness to know what Elaine was referring to. It should have only been referred to as the Waldman statements but no other explanation was given. 

Johnny's lawyers should have objected and I can't understand why they didn't. Maybe they think it will be cleared up later. 

You got it right, it's Adam Waldman. I had to look it up! 

Honored Contributor

suppose to conclude Friday.

animated-thumb-image-0001.gif

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@VanSleepy 

The only reason, I mean excuse, we got for that was to make it easy for the witness to know what Elaine was referring to. It should have only been referred to as the Waldman statements but no other explanation was given. 

Johnny's lawyers should have objected and I can't understand why they didn't. Maybe they think it will be cleared up later. 

You got it right, it's Adam Waldman. I had to look it up! 

@SusieQ_2  Yes, the first time they said it I was expecting an objection.

On Friday a reporter from Court TV had reported that the judge ruled the jury was going to be told that they could consider Waldman's words to be Depp's words.  That made no sense because then what was the point of Waldman's testimony - though he didn't say anything anyway. Later on Friday I saw that it was not the case and the reporter misspoke.  So hearing them saying Depp/Waldman today with no objections, I wondered if the reporter was correct on Friday.

Trusted Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Is anybody really interested in this???

UM-yea!

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Is anybody really interested in this???

Been watching since day 1.

It came out in court, neither has been working since these back & forth defamation allegations became public.  Both have lost millions of dollars.  No one will hire either one of them! Smiley Surprised  Plus the fact Depp's business manager stole millions more! Smiley Surprised  That will be a separate court matter.  I hope Court TV or HLN shows that trial live.

For someone who is a junkie & an alcoholic, Depp is looking kind of juicy sitting in the court room.

OMGoodness-Agree, Agree...

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@occasionalrain   They haven't gotten to the abuse yet.  It did come out that he was still living w/his baby mama when the affair started w/a kiss after coming out of the shower.  Not sure if Amber was coming out of the shower of JD.  Amber kissed JD & he stated he was kind of surprised as he was still w/his baby mama (I forgot her name).

@Pearlee  I mentioned that a few posts up in this thread.  He looks very good for a 58 yr old who has been drugging & drinking since the age of 11 or 12.  I never noticed how good looking he is until this trial.  I just may have to add him to my future baby daddy list.

===========================================

Wish I was a friend of JD so I could live in one of his penhouses (penthouse #1 & penthouse #2 Smiley LOL ) and/or houses RENT FREE for years on end.

@Mz iMac   I said he cleaned up nicely but I don't find him attractive

at all. You can have him.🙂

OK!

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I couldn't figure out whether Court TV was an actual channel or something you had to subscribe to.  I couldn't find it in any of the listings (Spectrum).

How are people watching this?  I would've liked to see him speaking for himself.  And it would be interesting how Amber Heard acts on the stand.

I was looking at some footage being aired on other channels, with the two of them at various red carpet events.  She always looked a bit glassy-eyed and out of it; as if she'd taken something.  In one, she was almost seemed to be being held up by him.  That might square with the witness who said Heard offered her MDMA (ecstasy) at their wedding.  (The guest refused!)

You Tube-the best!

Trusted Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Depp's monotone and slow cadence puts me right to sleep.

Oh, what a way to go! Smiley Happy