Respected Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

Just read Johnny Depp will not be called back to the stand by AH’s team.   Expecting to see him called by his own team later this week.

Honored Contributor

Isn't this thing over yet?  Why did someone think it needed to be televised?

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Isn't this thing over yet?  Why did someone think it needed to be televised?

@qualitygal  - That question keeps coming up, so I'll answer it.

No, it isn't over yet.  It's due to end May 27th.

Heard's team asked before the trial that it not be televised and Depp's team had no objection to that request.

It was the judge who made the decision to allow cameras into the courtroom.  Perhaps she wanted to make sure that it was all aboveboard, no chance of anyone misrepresenting what happened during the trial.

Who knows?  But it was her decision to make and she made it.  Many of us are interested in this.  Fortunately, those who aren't don't have to watch or even read about it.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Is anybody really interested in this???

@kaydee50 - Obviously, yes.

Honored Contributor

The current industry expert is making a good case for Amber regarding damages.  It appears she did suffer loss of work whereas Pirates 6 wasn't even in the planning stages yet when the op-ed came out.  I wonder how the cross examination will go?

Honored Contributor

He gives me the creeps.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44's   question made me curious so from what I could tell there are 14 Disney movies that have a rating of PG-13. They include all the Pirates movies, John Carter, Saving Mr. Banks, The Lone Ranger, The Finest Hours, Cruella, Jungle Cruise, Mulan, and Hamilton. Then there are all the Marvel movies (a subsidiary of Disney) that have a PG-13 rating. 

This conversation reminded of something that was so funny during AH's agent's testimony. I've read most of the comments here but can't remember if this was mentioned. Anyway, her agent said (in a sworn deposition mind you) that when Aquaman came out (2018) that it was THE MOST SUCCESSFUL MOVIE OF ALL TIME EVER!!!

Wow, who knew? Smiley Very Happy

My first thought was they might as well have turned off the video at that point. Who can believe someone who gets something so blatantly wrong? The jury was probably reeling. 

Now, to give credit where credit is due, Aquaman was a very successful movie, and might be the most successful movie based on a DC character, but that's a very different statement than saying it was the most successful movie of all time ever which were her exact words. In truth, it wasn't even the most successful movie for Warner Bros. as that  distinction goes to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow part 2. 

Looking a little further it seems that Aquaman may have been the 5th most profitable release of 2018 which is pretty good. I don't why the woman felt the need to say it was the most successful movie of all time ever and I believe she repeated it more than once. It really just made her look silly. 

This analyst today said "AH was in the biggest blockbuster movie". JD's lawyer interrupted & said "in the DC Universe" ....then she said "one of the biggest box office films ever, probably within the top ten, because I've looked at it".

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad Team Johnny is questioning this entertainment expert's selection of comp actors. Amber does not belong in that group. 

Added: Too fast talking, loose with the facts and quick to not know information she should know. How much is she being paid? 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

He gives me the creeps.

She gives me the creeps.

Esteemed Contributor

"This analyst today said "AH was in the biggest blockbuster movie". JD's lawyer interrupted & said "in the DC Universe" ....then she said "one of the biggest box office films ever, probably within the top ten, because I've looked at it"." @shoechic 

It's bizarre that two of AH's witnesses have now asserted this lie but it's good to know Johnny's lawyers realize that "in the DC Universe" is the reality. It would be nice if they called the witness on it. I mean, she looked? If that was true she'd know she's wrong.