Super Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

[ Edited ]

For anyone interested 4 of the Pirates movies are on today - FX channel starting at 10am.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I am not a movie buff, but ran across "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Pirates, Dead Man's Chest" last night.  It's the first I have ever seen any of the Pirates movies.

I didn't realize the movies were kind of funny and slapstick.  Johnny is a good actor and I was surprised at some of the humor he showed.  His facial expressions were very good.  I Liked the gold teeth Smiley Happy  I didn't care for some of the violence, but I suppose that had to go with it.

If Disney did decide to make a Pirates 6, I don't think it would be the same without Johnny as Jack Sparrow, pardon me.......Captain Jack Sparrow Smiley Happy

@Patriot3 

Huh ...  I've never seen any of the pirates movies.  Made by Disney, I assumed they were for children.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower   Court TV picked up on that too.  The "talking heads" stated it was inappropriate for them to be "hugging & kissing" as atty & client especially inside the court room.

Yet, @Mz iMac Amber, hugs her attorney and they don't say anything? Double standard? I have seen attorneys hug clients routinely. They develop close relationships. I don't see anything wrong with it. They did not do it in front of the jury. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:
Mz iMac wrote:

Daisy Sunflower   Court TV picked up on that too.  The "talking heads" stated it was inappropriate for them to be "hugging & kissing" as atty & client especially inside the court room.

Did they mention Heard did it too!..

Us actress amber heard hugs her attorney as she... | MARCA English

Heard's lawyer focuses on Depp's texts: 'Let's burn Amber'

Amber Heard verbally abused ex-assistant, testimony claims

Amber Heard's bombshell testimony in Johnny Depp's libel lawsuit

Johnny Depp's lawyer grills Amber Heard at defamation trial | Culture | EL  PAÍS English Edition

Police officer tells court Amber Heard was 'NOT a victim of domestic  violence' - Irish Mirror Online

Petition to remove Amber Heard from 'Aquaman 2' gathers almost three  million signatures

@MorningLover wrote:
Mz iMac wrote:

Daisy Sunflower   Court TV picked up on that too.  The "talking heads" stated it was inappropriate for them to be "hugging & kissing" as atty & client especially inside the court room.

Did they mention Heard did it too!..

Us actress amber heard hugs her attorney as she... | MARCA English

Heard's lawyer focuses on Depp's texts: 'Let's burn Amber'

Amber Heard verbally abused ex-assistant, testimony claims

Amber Heard's bombshell testimony in Johnny Depp's libel lawsuit

Johnny Depp's lawyer grills Amber Heard at defamation trial | Culture | EL  PAÍS English Edition

Police officer tells court Amber Heard was 'NOT a victim of domestic  violence' - Irish Mirror Online

Petition to remove Amber Heard from 'Aquaman 2' gathers almost three  million signatures

@MorningLover 

I didn’t read all the posts before posting. So, I just wanted to say great post with visuals.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I am not a movie buff, but ran across "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Pirates, Dead Man's Chest" last night.  It's the first I have ever seen any of the Pirates movies.

I didn't realize the movies were kind of funny and slapstick.  Johnny is a good actor and I was surprised at some of the humor he showed.  His facial expressions were very good.  I Liked the gold teeth Smiley Happy  I didn't care for some of the violence, but I suppose that had to go with it.

If Disney did decide to make a Pirates 6, I don't think it would be the same without Johnny as Jack Sparrow, pardon me.......Captain Jack Sparrow Smiley Happy

@Patriot3 

Huh ...  I've never seen any of the pirates movies.  Made by Disney, I assumed they were for children.

@Tinkrbl44   No, too much violence and scary characters.  I certainly wouldn't take my kids to see them.........my opinion.

Respected Contributor

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Official Trailer 1 (2003) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naQr0uTrH_s

Watch: Captain Jack from Head to Toe - Pirates of the Caribbean 2 special features

Behind the scenes/getting into character 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNV_6xD4iZQ

Some of the comments..

After watching this you can really understand how much Captain Jack Sparrow meant to Johnny, the little things from the jewelry to the sword to the belt buckle. He really did put himself into Jack. So I can understand the hurt and heartache that he would feel when Disney fired him, it was probably akin to losing a family member.

So basically, Johnny created Jack Sparrow and Disney fired him anyways...I understand now why he said that he will never play Jack again. He felt betrayed by his own "family" when he needed help. This is heart-breaking honestly.

Being a costume designer....love this. I have done hair, wigs, makeup, etc. I have done props. I love all these ideas. This is one of the best with stories that go with it, inside the story line of the script. So, nobody else could ever be Jack Sparrow.

Johnny Depp seems like a chill  down to earth guy, despite being famous it seems anyone could talk to him and be at ease.  It is so interesting to see all of this. I'm so glad someone made these videos!

Respected Contributor

I think the first time she and her attorneys hugged was the day after she stomped right past them and straight out the side door (after the judge told her to go have a seat next to her attorneys).

Same day (?) the male attorney started sitting next to her and they started to appear to have small talk and laughs. I even saw her pop something in her mouth like Johnny has been doing lol.

Just trying to rehabilitate her hissy fit and unpleasant demeanor.

Esteemed Contributor

Last week we saw a lot of video depositions that JD's team declined to cross-examine. This has given his side a lot of extra time. Depending on what order JD's team calls people to testify (in an effort to disprove AH's witnesses) her side may run out of time to cross-examine some of JD's witnesses. As it stands AH's side has 8 hours 14 minutes left while JD's side has 18 hours and 30 minutes.

From what I understand those times do not include the time for closing arguments which I believe are 2 hours for each side. Benjamin Chew and Camille Vasquez (whose name Elaine has yet to pronounce correctly) will close for Johnny. Elaine Bredehoft and Ben Rottenborn will close for AH. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Patriot3 

@Tinkrbl44 The Pirates of the Caribbean series is one that garnered Depp the role of Captain Jack Sparrow.  Not marketed as a children's series.  Plenty of adults enjoyed them. My family included.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44's   question made me curious so from what I could tell there are 14 Disney movies that have a rating of PG-13. They include all the Pirates movies, John Carter, Saving Mr. Banks, The Lone Ranger, The Finest Hours, Cruella, Jungle Cruise, Mulan, and Hamilton. Then there are all the Marvel movies (a subsidiary of Disney) that have a PG-13 rating. 

This conversation reminded of something that was so funny during AH's agent's testimony. I've read most of the comments here but can't remember if this was mentioned. Anyway, her agent said (in a sworn deposition mind you) that when Aquaman came out (2018) that it was THE MOST SUCCESSFUL MOVIE OF ALL TIME EVER!!!

Wow, who knew? Smiley Very Happy

My first thought was they might as well have turned off the video at that point. Who can believe someone who gets something so blatantly wrong? The jury was probably reeling. 

Now, to give credit where credit is due, Aquaman was a very successful movie, and might be the most successful movie based on a DC character, but that's a very different statement than saying it was the most successful movie of all time ever which were her exact words. In truth, it wasn't even the most successful movie for Warner Bros. as that  distinction goes to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow part 2. 

Looking a little further it seems that Aquaman may have been the 5th most profitable release of 2018 which is pretty good. I don't why the woman felt the need to say it was the most successful movie of all time ever and I believe she repeated it more than once. It really just made her look silly.