Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

@violann wrote:

@newjersey wrote:

It's on now on Court TV. I think it started earlier this week.  

Two very talented, very rich people who entered into a romantic relationship that was based largely on cinematic charisma and don't want each other to suggest that there may be flaws in either of them. 

NEXT!

@violann 

LOL ....   I think calling Amber "very talented" is a bit of a stretch ... 

Honored Contributor

@soxfan wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

Amber Heard's sister, Whitney, testified that Johnny Depp tried to push Whitney down the stairs. But Jennifer Howell declared that Whitney said the opposite happened.

Jennifer Howell was a former employer of Whitney and claims that Whitney said that it was Amber who nearly pushed Whitney down the stairs. 

Full Declaration

https://www.ifod.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HOWELL-US.pdf

Also on page 2 of the declaration, Jennifer Howell claimed she spent time with Amber's mother, Paige, who talked with her in detail about Ambers relationship with Elon...

Wow, very interesting. Will the jury see this?

Jennifer Howell will be called by Team Depp next week as a rebuttal witness. 

Valued Contributor

What a waste of taxpayers money!  They are both disgusting.  

Respected Contributor

JeanLouiseFinch wrote:
soxfan wrote:
MorningLover wrote:

Amber Heard's sister, Whitney, testified that Johnny Depp tried to push Whitney down the stairs. But Jennifer Howell declared that Whitney said the opposite happened.

Jennifer Howell was a former employer of Whitney and claims that Whitney said that it was Amber who nearly pushed Whitney down the stairs. 

Full Declaration

https://www.ifod.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HOWELL-US.pdf

Also on page 2 of the declaration, Jennifer Howell claimed she spent time with Amber's mother, Paige, who talked with her in detail about Ambers relationship with Elon...

Wow, very interesting. Will the jury see this?

Jennifer Howell will be called by Team Depp next week as a rebuttal witness. 

YES!

Chanley Sha`Painter (Court TV) CONFIRMED: Jennifer Howell will testify in Johnny Depp's rebuttal case next week and will dispute some of Whitney Henriquez's testimony, specifically about the “staircase incident"...

Howell's testimony is expected as a pre-recorded deposition video.

Monday Amber Heards team is expected to rest, to save some time for a rebuttal case.

TIME UPDATE:

Each side has 61hrs & 15mins to present their case.. 

- Johnny Depp has used 42hrs & 45min

Left: 18 hours & 30 min

- Amber has used 53hrs, 1min

Left: 8hrs & 14mins

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

I certainly hope the jury will see the full declaration of Jennifer Howell.

I noticed while watching some of the cross-examination of AH how she increasingly kept drinking from her bottle of whatever, nearly finishing it.  She wasn't doing that while being questioned by her own attorney.

I don't have the energy to watch any more tonight, but I'll catch up tomorrow.  I think Camille is doing an excellent job.

@Venezia   I noticed right away how Amber kept drinking during cross.   I thought to myself........mouth getting dry, a sign of lying.

And if it was between the question asked and her answer it is to buy time to come up with an answer.

Super Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

Amber’s case is convoluted. Her sister Whitney was trying to lay the groundwork for domestic violence. He was slowly isolating her and controlling her.  Yet all the adjoining penthouses were filled with her family and friends. They all lived rent free. Where was the isolation?

Yes! Also her sister described how AH's personality & health changed over the course of their relationship. But what she described sounds like what happens to addicts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One thing that jumped out at me about Whitney's testimony was near the end.  She was describing being woken by Amber to tell her that JD was cheating on her.

Heard's lawyer asks "And had you been drinking" when Amber woke her.  Whitney said something to the effect "No!  That was one of the few times I was sober!"  WTH???

A second thing was when she was describing the incident where she was trying to get JD out of the penthouse and to an event he had.  She said he'd been drinking or taking cocaine.  And she's trying for "four or five hours" to get him out the door.  And Depp's lawyer in cross-examination asks "And did you snort cocaine with him at that time?"  "Yes."

Again...WTH?  If you're TRYING to get someone out the door you think "Oh, I'll just snort a few lines of cocaine with you first."  REALLY???

Honored Contributor

@coconut1818 wrote:

What a waste of taxpayers money!  They are both disgusting.  

@coconut1818   No more disgusting (as well as wasting taxpayers money) than a wife accusing husband of molesting his own children during their divorce court case.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@violann wrote:

@newjersey wrote:

It's on now on Court TV. I think it started earlier this week.  

Two very talented, very rich people who entered into a romantic relationship that was based largely on cinematic charisma and don't want each other to suggest that there may be flaws in either of them. 

NEXT!

@violann 

LOL ....   I think calling Amber "very talented" is a bit of a stretch ... 

But consider, whether she is in terms of her career, or isn't, she's flashy and famous and ridiculouslymarried someone with the same stock public virtues. 

If you don't "like" her work, that's in a bit of a different category, and your opinion, to which you're 100% entitled.

I have 100% NO OPINION about either of them, based on their artistic "merit(s)". I think I may have watched part of Edward Scissorhands and thought he (it WAS JD, right?) fit the role, but nothing else.

The deck is stacked against her, but neither of them differentiate themselves from the rest of the fancy, self absorbed collection of movie participants that dot the landscape. 

If she's got millions to pay him off if he wins on his claims, I can live with referring to her as "very talented" at least as much as anybody else who gets a salary for doing what she and her ex do.

Esteemed Contributor

This case is fascinating to me. Whitney testified that Amber changed as the relationship progressed. As if she went into this relationship, and then it had a sudden shift. Something she had never experienced before. That is not true, the relationship she describes with Johnny is what she knows. She is very familiar with drugs, and abuse, as is Whitney.  This is a very familiar setting for both. They grew up in a home just like this.

This group was drug addicted, and foul mouthed, both Whitney and the acting coach say that at Ambers birthday party Johnny’s reference to Ambers a** changes the happy mood to somber. This group does not appear conservative in anyway. This just does not make sense. 

The acting coach randomly adds in one of her answers how Amber gave a homeless man money. What relevance does that have? Rocky, Josh, and the makeup artist all see the pictures of Amber when Johnny’s attorneys question her. Both Josh and Rocky are combative. Yet when Ambers attorney show them the same pictures they cry. Scripted????