Trusted Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

I will be so glad when this spectacle is finally over. They both seem disturbed to me. Deep seems wounded and sad, she seems angry and bitter. I don't watch the trial but the sound bytes from testimony are on the news several times a day....I shudder at the allegations. Glad I am not on that jury. It's only about money, but so much sordid info has come to the forefront. 

Trusted Contributor

i heard a few times on these news stations, that neither of them may "win"... the jurors may not be able to make a final decision.. im team johnny.. but after hearing the witnesses i see abuse from both sides. johnny said he never hit her.. but why did 3 people today testify to her face being messed up.. when you hear the tapes of him yelling, and him throwing a phone, slamming cabinets shut.. and see the pics of the destroyed rooms.. it really makes you think, he is capable of doing it.. but would he???  this is going to kill me waiting for a decision  lol.. and i hope to god im off of work that day.. which i know i wont be.. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@soxfan  Team Johnny must first prove that Amber LIED in that article and did it with INTENT and MALICE. That is the defamation standard for public celebrities. Different than for plain folk.

Very hard to prove. And the judge will probably instruct the jury that if they believe Johnny hit her even once, that is enough to deny Johnny's claim that she is lying.

Then Amber's counter-suit would kick in.

**** New York Times v. Sullivan 1964

Honored Contributor

Even "if he never hit her"....can you imagine what it was like to live with a man who had such drug and alcohol abuse issues?  Or who got violent with things, such as breaking bottles, glass framed art work and photos?  Or when he destroyed the contents of her closet?  

I'd be scared.  So stressful. 

Respected Contributor

@september   And witnesses today certainly testified they saw the results of that stress.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bad day for JD today.  It's hard to know who/what to believe,  How can multiple people see the same thing and have differing impressions?  It baffles me.  Both of them are super messed up.  I think it'll end up being a draw.   

Esteemed Contributor

The problem for Amber is none of the witnesses that testified on her behalf saw him violent with her. They never saw him hit her. They testified to seeing her after the fact, and anything they reported was reported to them by Amber. 

Amber testified that he hit her once twice three times in the face. He broke her nose, and split her lip. We saw her pictures of her with zero injuries right after these alleged beatings. How is that possible?

Honored Contributor

Men don't usually hit their wives in front of other people.  They do it when no one is around to witness it. 

it is more of a real issue, that she didn't appear to have visible injuries.  But I did break my nose once (from a fall) and had no outward signs of it    It hurt...got an X-ray, that confirmed the fracture.  

Esteemed Contributor

The cuts on her arm look like deliberate slices -- not from her arm being held down on broken glass.

Super Contributor

I found todays taped depositions boring. I wondered how the attention span of the jury was holding up.