Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

I don't find anything about this situation to be funny.

Jennifer Grey was engaged to Johnny Depp decades ago. She said all was fine until he started "disappearing", not coming home, all of that. And started being very jealous and accusatory regarding her. Sounds familiar.

I saw a clip online of Johnny and his female lawyer hugging and touching each other in the courtroom yesterday, they seem smitten with each other. Very unprofessional behavior for a lawyer in a courtroom.

Lots of women seem smitten, including those who camp out overnight every day for the trial. I read that one woman spent 30 grand to travel there and stay for the trial. That is bizarre.

I used to enjoy his acting, could never watch him the same way again after all of this.
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide

May 11, 2022

Based on their interactions in court, rumors of Johnny Depp and his attorney, Camille Vasquez, dating began to circulate on social media platforms.

Johnny Depp has been friendly with one of his female lawyers and it appears that social media has its own perspective on that. In one of such viral clips, Depp and his female lawyer Camille Vasquez were seen laughing and giggling. And based on their interactions in court, a number of TicToc and Twitter users have concluded that these two are dating. 

However, sources close to Camille spoke out against the rumor by claiming it was completely false. According to sources to TMZ, everyone in the legal team has grown close to Depp and now has a professional and personal connection with him and Camille Vasquez is not an exception. 

A source close to Camille Vasquez, one of the several attorneys Johnny has engaged to represent him in his trial against Amber Heard, told TMZ, “There’s speculation something’s going on between her and JD but it’s nothing more than fan fiction from social media. They are definitely NOT dating, despite what some people think they see happening in the courtroom.”

According to TMZ, Camille finds Johnny amusing and can't help but chuckle at his pranks and sense of humor. Furthermore, the insider told TMZ, “Camille is happily taken. She’s dating a British fella, who works in real estate with whom she’s been in a serious relationship for several months.” Camille doesn't think Johnny treats her any differently than any of the other lawyers, the insider said, adding that they're all just trying to stay strong while this trial heats up and hoping for a victory for Johnny.

Along with attorney Benjamin Chew, Camille played a crucial part in Depp's trial.

Vasquez accused Heard of being the aggressor during her relationship with Depp during the trial's opening arguments last month. Following Depp's divorce filing, she claimed Heard portrayed herself as the victim adding, “She [Amber] is obsessed with her public image. She has been living and breathing this role for years now and she is preparing to give the performance of her life.”

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:
I don't find anything about this situation to be funny.

Jennifer Grey was engaged to Johnny Depp decades ago. She said all was fine until he started "disappearing", not coming home, all of that. And started being very jealous and accusatory regarding her. Sounds familiar.

I saw a clip online of Johnny and his female lawyer hugging and touching each other in the courtroom yesterday, they seem smitten with each other. Very unprofessional behavior for a lawyer in a courtroom.

Lots of women seem smitten, including those who camp out overnight every day for the trial. I read that one woman spent 30 grand to travel there and stay for the trial. That is bizarre.

I used to enjoy his acting, could never watch him the same way again after all of this.

More trashing of women, not believing women, making accusers out to be tramps and trash.

Nobody is all bad, but it seems the press and Depp followers have pegged every evil thing on the Jezebel. What else is new?

Women have dealt with this for centuries. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not really.  It's just that some of us realize that some women are abusers.  What AH claims isn't backed up by any medical evidence or much else.  According to her everyone else is lying, she's the only one telling "the truth ".

She also changes her story over and over.  One minute she says she remembers everything, next thing she "can't remember ".

She doesn't get a pass just because she's a woman.  Male or female, someone accused of such heinous behavior deserves justice.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Not really.  It's just that some of us realize that some women are abusers.  What AH claims isn't backed up by any medical evidence or much else.  According to her everyone else is lying, she's the only one telling truth ".

She also changes her story over and over.  One minute she says she remembers everything, next thing she "can't remember ".

She doesn't get a pass just because she's a woman.  Male or female, someone accused of such heinous behavior deserves justice.

I don't believe for a second that JD was never violent toward her.

He has to prove he wasnt. I don't think he's done that.

She may have contributed, but there's no doubt in my mind he's not innocent. Which is what he's claiming in his suit against Amber. Isn't that what this is all about?

Honored Contributor

People who think he's guilty will believe that, whatever comes out in court.

The man is always the abuser, isn't he?

However,  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is still true.  Words or actions?  Which to believe?

Respected Contributor

@Venezia 

"People who think he's guilty will believe that, whatever comes out in court.

However,  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is still true.  Words or actions?  Which to believe?"

Most women would have been seriously or permanently injured if what Amber Heard claims happened to her.  How can a woman claim to be dragged across a floor that has broken glass and be violated with a bottle and have no medical documentation that she was injured?  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dont get me wrong, i have been on johnnys side the whole time. but the more and more people come on and talk about her bruises, swollen lip makes it look bad for him.. and now her sister is going on the stand today.. that will definetely not be good for him... yest the man who testified said that jonny didnt even remember being on the plane when he was talking to him.. im thinking if he didnt remember that,, would he remember hitting amber??? like i said this isnt looking good for him now.. im a depp fan.. but im also thinking he may have hit her, who knows...  i dont even wanna see her sister on the stand.. it wont be good for him.. and its all up to the jury... im a depp fan.. these people dont know him... they may side for amber

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

People who think he's guilty will believe that, whatever comes out in court.

However,  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is still true.  Words or actions?  Which to believe?

Not true. He's not guilty or innocent. Neither are. And ill be fine with whatever the court rules.

I just think Johnny wasn't truthful when he said he's never hit a woman in his life. I don't believe that. But if the jury says its so, then its so.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac

Johnny and Ben are said to have a great friendship.

Depp's lawyer Ben Chew and gummy bears 😂

Everyone in the legal team has grown close to Johnny Depp

and now has a professional and personal connection with him.