Trusted Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

wow.. she's really putting on a good case.. the jury just may feel bad for her and believe her about the abuse... i didnt think she'd  be so believable on the stand...  i heard on tv that  neither of them may win the case.. and that the jury may think they both sound credible... and in that case, they both get nothing.. i'm all for johnny, but darn. she sounds believable  lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnie f "she sounds believable  lol"

Remember she is an actress.  I still think that she and Johnny Depp are auditioning for some courtroom melodrama series.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lgfan wrote:

@bonnie f "she sounds believable  lol"

Remember she is an actress.  I still think that she and Johnny Depp are auditioning for some courtroom melodrama series.

lol true,,, they just said this on the channel i'm watching.. but its all up to the jury.. all its going to take is for some to feel sorry for her and believe her.... now the whole "cavity search" story was a little over the top...but who knows...

Respected Contributor

Fish gotta swim; birds gotta fly; actors gotta act.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Without going into detail:  I'd like to know which airlines to Russ*a they were on, re: allegedly the stewardess (flight attendent), etc., etc., etc. and what she also was allegedly doing.  Maybe I heard wrong (keep in mind).

Anyway, I haven't made up my mind......Looks like a wash-out to me, so far, regarding this Case of Defamation. 

But, the trial isn't over, so there is time to change my mind. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

When she started out, I thought wow that is totally histrionic personality like Dr. Curry said and she needs to calm down to sound believable.  It seems she did a bit and didn't appear to be "acting" as much after a while.

I heard a commentator say that she was believable because she had so many details. But I always heard that people who are lying add in unnecessary details.

@ROMARY  that must have been a private plane. I can't imagine any flight attendant on a commercial flight indulging with them. 

You have to think there are going to be some witnesses to back up some of her allegations. We shall see...

Super Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

You have to think there are going to be some witnesses to back up some of her allegations. We shall see...

@VanSleepy I was thinking this too. From what AH said & Dr. Hughes before her, there are several witnesses that should be able to back up AH's story. All those co-stars of AH's that JD supposedly called & screamed at for example.

If half of what AH is claiming is true, I can't imagine why JD would sue her for the whole world to find out.

Super Contributor

Dawn Hughes came across as a professional defense expert meaning she seems to have a lot of experience being on the stand. I wonder how much she is paid? AH lawyer made a big deal that JD's business manager made 750/hr. 

I didn't believe a word that AH said on the stand today. Watching her body language she frquently looked up when telling her stories. This made it appear that she was searching for words/phrases to embellish her testimony. The fake crying/sniffling without the benefit of tears was telling, imho.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I noticed today when watching AH, was this woman who turned and played to the jury just at perhaps planned times with specific details (to elicit pity?)...there seemed to be a pattern of her directly addressing the jury with emphasis which made me see it as "acting"...certain facial gestures and body demeanor seem strange...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't wait for the "cross examinations" by JD's attys.

Just a thought:  I did some research & could not find an answer......

It would seem to me (since this is a CIVIL trial) if JD is found "guilty" he should be arrested & charged on the spot w/rape and/or deviant sexual assault if the statute of limitation have not expired.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif