Trusted Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

I think he has a drug and alcohol problem that persists to this day. I have no doubt they have both assaulted each other.
I could never understand women's fascination with him, but seeing him on the stand I can see a cute, sly and wry sense of humor. But that's about it. He would drive me insane with his affectations and bizarre stream of conscious statements.
I'm glad my life is ordinary, with occasional spikes of passion, because the drama with those 2 is ridiculous and cringey.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk  I don't agree with the PT Barnum quote as far as mental or physical abuse in their professions. Its out there for everyone to read on social media all over the globe. It ruins careers as it should whether it be a man or woman that is the abuser. 

Trusted Contributor

i wish i was home everyday to watch this.. im off today, and i havent left my livingroom lol.. i work so i have to come home and watch all 7 hrs of this at night, and hardly get any sleep.. this is so addicting! I cant wait till she has to take the stand!!

Respected Contributor

This spectacle looks more like a soap opera than a trial.  Both Depp and Heard look like they are auditioning for some courtroom melodrama series.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

This spectacle looks more like a soap opera than a trial.  Both Depp and Heard look like they are auditioning for some courtroom melodrama series.  

Yeah, I was going to say this is about entertainment only.  They are both actors, their attorneys could care less where the truth lies and I think there may be a grain of truth from both sides.  I don't think either of them is a moral, upstanding individual in any way.   I haven't been able to watch so I am curious, is this a Court trial or a jury trial?

Trusted Contributor

i'm hooked on this trial... i can just imagine what the gabby petito trial will be like.. i may have to take 2 months off of work for that  lol... i hear it may start sometime next yr.. i dont watch alot of netflix, and i stopped watching days of out lives about 5 yrs ago.. so this is my netflix  lol

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom   "I haven't been able to watch so I am curious, is this a Court trial or a jury trial?"

From what I have read it is a jury trial.

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@Wsmom   "I haven't been able to watch so I am curious, is this a Court trial or a jury trial?"

From what I have read it is a jury trial.

Thanks @lgfan !

Honored Contributor

Taken from one of the recordings heard today:

Johnny to Amber:    "Shut up, fat @ss."

Now would you consider that statement mental or emotional abuse?  Both?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

he did snap a few times... but when your pushed so many times.. you do fight back... she knew she was pushing his buttons.. and she was recording it too.. what does that tell you. they are both at fault.. johnny isnt innocent.. but he walked away... and she kept pushing and pushing... she knew exactly what she was doing, thats why she taped it.