Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

@Venezia wrote:

...And the makeup company (Milani) has posted a rebuttal on TikTok with photographic evidence saying that the compact shown to the court/jury wasn't even made until 2017.  At least a year AFTER Heard claims to have used it "all the time".  They really ought to do a little more research so that their lies aren't so easily disproved.  Is the lawyer that stupid or just plain gullible?  Woman Very Happy

@Venezia  great question and one I can't answer. Hard to believe they would get caught on something that's so easy to disprove.

'Here to provide facts': Beauty brand refutes Amber Heard ...

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

These two people make me sick ...2 beautiful .. talented and rich and famous

people destroying themselves and ultimately each other ....

What a sad commentary ....

Respected Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

These two people make me sick ...2 beautiful .. talented and rich and famous

people destroying themselves and ultimately each other ....

What a sad commentary ....

If he is broke and un-employable in Hollywood .. maybe must maybe

he might have to get down off his Hollywood high horse and join

the real world with the rest of us ....

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie - You quoted yourself?  You do know that you can just edit your own posts, if you have further things to say?

And none of us know what he is or isn't doing in the "real world".

I'd also take exception to the idea of Amber Heard being "talented and rich and famous".  I don't believe anyone had heard of her (no pun intended) until she married Depp.  But that's just my opinion.  I think she's toxic and a liar.  (And her lawyers aren't helping her in that respect.)

Trusted Contributor

Since Heard's attorney never said that particular cosmetic was what Amber used to hide her bruises, it's entirely possible the Milani concealer she held up was an EXAMPLE.
Something tells me Amber doesn't buy her comics from the drug store.
I don't wish either of them any ill will. It is unfortunate this is playing out publicly. Especially for Johnny's kids and Amber's baby daughter.
Honored Contributor

@JamandBread - I watched it.  The attorney did say that that was the compact that Amber Heard used.  That's why the company has put out that disclaimer.

If the attorney meant something different, she should've been more careful in her wording.  But if you watch other clips of that particular attorney, I'd say she's not the sharpest tack in the box.  People in the courtroom were laughing at her questioning and it was just bizarre.

Having said that, watching that attorney try to question one male witness for Depp about how he greeted Heard, whenever he saw her was hilarious.  (It wasn't meant to be.)  And the fact that she kept asking him about AMICA, when she meant ARNICA, was just pathetic.  Didn't any of the team think it might be a good idea to correct her to stop her repeating it over and over?  If I were trying to win a case, she wouldn't be my attorney for five minutes.  Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

i must say.. amber has a ****** good lawyer... i love johnny depp, but this first 40 min of today isnt looking good for him.. i hope his lawyer drills her good.. all these texts and recordings they're playing  of his arent good.. 

Respected Contributor

I started watching the Depp Trial when Johnny took the stand. I highly doubt that he phycially abused Heard. I would think that other women would come forth with abuse claims at this point. The women in the industry that he was involved with in the past have spoken kindly of him. It was for sure a very toxic relationship. It has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he abused her. On the other hand on tape, Amber said that she did slap or punch him out. 

Respected Contributor

@bonnie f I agree that her lawyer is superior to his for sure! 

Respected Contributor

I think thery both should just shut up and move on. Tempest in a teapot. A waste of taxpayer money on this "trial". I think they are both doing it for the publicity because that's the ticket in their chosen profession. Remember...

There's no such thing as bad publicity, - StoreMyPic