Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard defamation trial

I will be happy to see it get finalized so that the nutcase can finally get what is coming to her.  Poor Johnny he may have had his troubles but this woman is a liar out for a buck or a few million.  I have only watched a bit live but Johnny comes across very well.  

Amber is a fruitloop.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012, it looks like we are in the minority, but I totally agree with you. Johnny Depp is beyond weird and strange, but I believe him. She is a full out wackadoodle. What I am tired of is all of the testimony about his drug abuse - which he has has admitted to already. The way he described his detox experience, I do think that was real. Of course, he does still drink and smoke pot, but that is NOT why he is on trial. The defense attorney is making me mad and if I was oin the jury, I would not like him. I know he is doing his job, but it will be interesting to see how JD's attorney handles Amber's cross-examination.

I did have to laugh at the list of other witnesses for Johnny Depp. To me, the only person stranger and weirder than JD is James Franco, who is supposed to testify. And, also Elon Musk! The guy does hang out with some bizarre people!

Respected Contributor

How is Elon Musk connected to the Johnny Depp- Amber Heard defamation case?

Hollywood actors Johnny Depp and ex-wife, actress Amber Heard are fighting a bitter court battle in Virginia, US. Depp filed a defamation case against Heard after she wrote an op-ed in the Washington Post claiming she had been a victim of domestic abuse. 

Heard never mentioned Depp's name in the article but the actor's lawyers have stated that the article damaged Depp's reputation and his career in Hollywood. Heard countersued Depp for physical abuse. 

Depp also accuses Tesla owner Billionaire Elon Musk of having an affair with Heard while she was still married to the actor.  

Musk’s name was in fact dragged into the trial by Depp, who accused him of having an affair with Heard during his famous 2020 libel case in the UK. Depp lost a libel case in London in November 2020 that he brought against a well-known tabloid that called him a "wife-beater" - after which he filed the defamation complaint against his ex-wife and sued her for $50 million in the US. 

Court documents alleged that Musk had a "three-way affair" with Amber Heard and model-actress Cara Delevingne.

Elon Musk Reacts To Headlines About Alleged Threesome With Amber Heard And  Cara Delevingne - Culture

Musk had reportedly had a threesome with Heard and Delevingne at Depp and Heard's apartment in Los Angeles in 2016 while Depp was away in Australia for shooting. 

Amber Heard thought 'controlling' Elon Musk gave her bugged Tesla

Heard officially came out publicly as bisexual in 2010. Following her split from Depp, Heard dated Tesla CEO Elon Musk for a year until the two split in early 2018. At the time, a source reportedly told People: “Elon decided it was time to end it and Amber agreed.

Esteemed Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

I understand that there are abused men, just as there are abused women.

Johnny Depp, admitted drug and alcohol addict, does not fit the profile of an abused spouse. I think he is trying desperately to cover his own tracks and rewrite time. It is pathetic and he deserves help, but an abused husband, he is not.

Amber Heard is not blameless; she engaged in the alcohol fueled abusive behavior, going toe to toe with Depp.

@FLgardener He was an abused child. In that context drugs and alcohol were probably used to self medicate. Once you start you are no longer in control. As for not fitting the profile of an abused man. What's the profile? There isn't a profile. There are people right under your nose that are abused male and female. Most people would be shocked. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I'm certainly interested in the outcome, because I think Amber Heard is a pathological liar.  Every time she gets confronted about this situation, she adds even more ludicrous "incidents" to her story.

And way back she said the money she got from Depp in their divorce settlement was going to be donated to two charities.  To date those charities say they've never seen a penny of it.  And we're to believe she's telling the truth?  She accused the LAPD of lying about what they found, when they went to the apartment where she claims he threw things and broke glass.  They saw no damage, no indication of any violence.  They took photos!

And now she's saying Depp one time dragged her across a floor of broken glass???  But she had no need for medical attention?  A trip to the ER?  Give me a break.  If anyone should be canceled, she should.  That's my opinion and nothing more she can make up will change it.  She and her girlfriend should just go away, they already got millions from him.

She's a kindred spirit to Heather Mills.

@Venezia I agree.  She seems like a nut case and I feel so bad for JD.  Sounds like he has his own issues to deal with (like we all do) and his wife just made everything go to h@ll.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

He cleans up nicely!

@Pearlee Yup.  He's got that somethin, somethin way about him.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Depp's monotone and slow cadence puts me right to sleep.

@PickyPicky3 Funny you should write that.  I was watching it before I went to bed last night (I recorded part of it) and I started to fall asleep, even though I really wanted to pay attention!  He sure was taking his time to explain things.

Respected Contributor

I have watched a bit live, especially since they are in my back yard.  She comes across as someone i would kick to the curb, and he is just too flat.  My guess is either acting or on downers.  I hope both parties reimburse the court for their time.  

Esteemed Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

There would not include in an abused spouse a group of persons as testified to by Depp as being those who who could handle such situations. Obviously, he thought he was covered. Obviously, he was not.

I don't understand this post??? @FLgardener 

Esteemed Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

I can't stand either one of them. I also can't believe Fox News is showing it live and that anyone is that interested in watching it.  I have never been a fan of a Johnny Depp...he always seems dirty and in need of serious hygiene care. I know little about Amber Heard, other than she is an actress. From what I keep hearing on the news, they both sound deranged and made for each other. Deep seems to enjoy trashing her on national tv, and she will get her chance to reciprocate as well. An attorney says this whole thing should be three different trials. I would hate to be on that jury! 

@Duckncover It is not unusual for two dysfunctional worlds to collide. That is happened here. When you don't tame you demons they take control.