Contributor

I hadn't heard of his passing, how sad. He owned a ranch outside of Tucson. When i first moved her some 28 years ago, they were holding a special event at Old Tucson Studios and he was there to sign autographed photos. Many of the old westerns like Rifleman, High Chaparral and some others were filmed there. He was performing a bunch of lasso tricks, and he was pretty darned good. I bought an autographed photo of him and Barbara Stanwyck. I remember his brief recording career. His recording "Rumors" was my favorite. So sorry to hear he passed. RIP

Trusted Contributor

Oh, no. Another one gone. 😔 I had a crush on Johnny Crawford when I was younger. Condolences to his family; may he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

He was 75 and had Alzheimer's.

@patbz. The article in Variety said after the Alzheimers in 2019 he got  pneumonia and COVID. The article didn't say exactly what he died of though.

Trusted Contributor

I had the biggest crush on him back in the day.
He had a great relationship with Chuck Conners and they kept in touch through the years. Everyone said he was such a nice guy. May he RIP.🙏🏻

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@patbz wrote:

He was 75 and had Alzheimer's.

I'm shocked!   So young to have such a debilitating disease.

Not young at all for Alzheimer's  Sadly.

Super Contributor

I liked him but my crush was on the Rifleman, the dad. No gut on that Rifleman, and then a single dad.  Ya, crush time. 

Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear of his passing. I used to watch as a little girl and 60 years later it's still airing on METV. RIP.

Honored Contributor

Oh ---- no --- I didn't know he had passed!  I was listening to music yesterday and they played one of his songs.  I said to DH --- I don't imagine he is doing very well as I knew for some years he had Alzheimers.  That is very sad.  I loved him in the Rifleman.  He had a very long career and was not only an actor but has his own band.  God bless him and his wife and family.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that.  I'm in this age group and it's depressing as others around me pass too.  It's all too common  now.  He was good in the Rifleman.  Loved all the westerns back then.

Honored Contributor

Awww...................Woman Sad