Super Contributor

Actor Johnny Crawford, known for playing Chuck Connors’ son in ABC series “The Rifleman” from 1958-63, has died. He was 75.

He was an original Mouseketeer and a singer/songwriter. 

Rest In Peace. I was a fan. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember him.  Another one from youth gone  May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister  I remember him as a Mouseketeer and as the Rifleman's son. I agree with your statement.

There were three children living in the house next door to the one I grew up in. One was my age and looked just like Johnny Crawford. I haven't seen him since we graduated from high school so I have no idea what he looks like now.

Respected Contributor

Aw, that's sad. He was one of my first crushes when he was on The Rifleman. I think he didn't get messed up like so many child actors; last picture I saw of him he sure was aging well.

Super Contributor

I loved Johnny Crawford on the Rifleman.  Never missed a show.  I also loved the song "Cindy's Birthday" that he sang.

He also had his own band called The Johnny Crawford Orchestra.

I saw a couple of performances on You Tube years ago.  He was one of the few child actors that grew up normal.  He was a very kind and down to earth person.  May he rest in peace.  

Esteemed Contributor

He was 75 and had Alzheimer's.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

He was 75 and had Alzheimer's.

I'm shocked!   So young to have such a debilitating disease.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Crawford

[ Edited ]

He was still handsome as an adult.

B59A8F1C-648C-4C47-9C2B-68373631E210.jpeg

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@hatetoiron 

I really appreciate what you wrote.  Good to know.  It's SO nice to have a smile!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I'm sad to hear this. As someone mentioned -- he was normal and had such a kind face. Listened to his songs so much as a kid and watched his show. My favorite - Don't know much about history... I hope he had a happy life.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau