Honored Contributor

Re: John Walsh In Pursuit Show on I.D. Network

I haven't seen it yet. What network is it on? I did see his dad on Dr. Phil discussing how his son would be on the show etc.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 it is on the ID network

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@colliemom4 it is on the ID network

@DJs mom  Thanks. I wasn't paying attention when he said it. I'll have to check it out.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I agree about the show seemingly targeting Hispanics. 

OMG, I don't see this, why does everyone have to turn everything into political or racist???   I am getting sick of it!!!   Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

OMG, I don't see this, why does everyone have to turn everything into political or racist???   I am getting sick of it!!!   Smiley Sad

@Hooty . Cause it’s all over the darn news everyday!!! And Twitter!

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Hooty  I originally made the comment on this thread about Hispanics being disproportionately featured, and I wasn't turning everything into political or racist.  It was hard not to notice so many Hispanic families being the subject of this show though ...and so many of the fugitives who the show states had probably fled to Mexico.  (So are we supposed to be on the lookout for them in Mexico? --- although one was already caught there).  Still, it seemed very odd to me (not necessarily racist) to be asking a USA audience to be on the lookout for fugitives who have likely fled to Mexico (due to having relatives there or having been from there originally), even if the show airs in Mexico.   By the way, I am not Hispanic so I'm not saying anything about racism but I do wonder why so many of the stories of the crime, escape, and pursuit now are about Hispanic families.  I would wonder probably the same thing if some other ethnic group was disproportionately represented on the show.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Hooty  I originally made the comment on this thread about Hispanics being disproportionately featured, and I wasn't turning everything into political or racist.  It was hard not to notice so many Hispanic families being the subject of this show though ...and so many of the fugitives who the show states had probably fled to Mexico.  (So are we supposed to be on the lookout for them in Mexico? --- although one was already caught there).  Still, it seemed very odd to me (not necessarily racist) to be asking a USA audience to be on the lookout for fugitives who have likely fled to Mexico (due to having relatives there or having been from there originally), even if the show airs in Mexico.   By the way, I am not Hispanic so I'm not saying anything about racism but I do wonder why so many of the stories of the crime, escape, and pursuit now are about Hispanic families.  I would wonder probably the same thing if some other ethnic group was disproportionately represented on the show.

Even non-hispanics flee to Mexico.  I've never been there, but I hear there are some nice vacation spots there.  Plus, I think there are a lot of Americans that cross the border on a regular basis, so not ridiculous to ask them to be on the look-out.

I just saw something yesterday about a NC man who was suspected in killing someone being caught close to the border.  Have no idea if he was hispanic or not.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Even non-hispanics flee to Mexico.  I've never been there, but I hear there are some nice vacation spots there.  Plus, I think there are a lot of Americans that cross the border on a regular basis, so not ridiculous to ask them to be on the look-out.

I just saw something yesterday about a NC man who was suspected in killing someone being caught close to the border.  Have no idea if he was hispanic or not.  

@Icegoddess   True enough.   As it happens, the criminals that are thought or suspected to have fled to Mexico on this show so far this season have been Hispanic and their murder victims have also been.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I haven't seen it yet. What network is it on? I did see his dad on Dr. Phil discussing how his son would be on the show etc.

@colliemom4   LOL - I know someone already told you, but it's also in the thread title!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4   LOL - I know someone already told you, but it's also in the thread title!  Smiley Happy

Cat LOL @Pearlee