Honored Contributor

@Reever  Same with Rachel Ray.

QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie 

@Carmie wrote:

I am not a John Travolta fan.  He is an arrogant entitled idiot, IMO.

He was filming a movie in the area where I live.  A funeral was happening at the same time.  The funeral director asked the movie crew to allow the funeral to pass so that the deceased could be buried and the family pay their respects.

Out of no where, John showed up screaming that his time was valuable and the funeral could be held on another day.  

There was no other way to get to the cemetary and the movie crew was blocking a public street. The crew was willing to allow the funeral profession to pass, but John was adamant about not allowing it.

Finally, the police were called.  The police allowed the funeral profession to pass, but John was nasty to them as well.

I 100% know this story is true.  I am related to the funeral director and to the police officer involved.  They both used to be big fans, but no more.

I am studying for my D/L test and it points out in the handbook it is against the law to stop a funeral procession in Ca.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition   It is against the law in PA too.  You will get a ticket for not yielding the right of way to a funeral procession.

The equipment, trucks, cars and what not was blocking the road leading to the cemetery. I suppose they thought no one would need to use that road for a few days and parked there.

I do know that John was extremely disrespectful and was screaming and yelling and swearing at the funeral director while the family and friends could hear him while waiting in the cars behind the hearse.

I was very disappointed to hear this. Shame on him.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Hard to believe this man has turned 66. I first saw him in Grease.  He is now on Medicare.  Time passes us by far too fast.  

Yes he's only a few months older than me...hard to believe I'll be 66 soon too!!!

Honored Contributor

WOW!  I'm surprsied to hear that about Tavolta...he always seemed so nice.  I've also heard the same about Rachel Ray & Julia Roberts.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am not a John Travolta fan.  He is an arrogant entitled idiot, IMO.

He was filming a movie in the area where I live.  A funeral was happening at the same time.  The funeral director asked the movie crew to allow the funeral to pass so that the deceased could be buried and the family pay their respects.

Out of no where, John showed up screaming that his time was valuable and the funeral could be held on another day.  

There was no other way to get to the cemetary and the movie crew was blocking a public street. The crew was willing to allow the funeral profession to pass, but John was adamant about not allowing it.

Finally, the police were called.  The police allowed the funeral profession to pass, but John was nasty to them as well.

I 100% know this story is true.  I am related to the funeral director and to the police officer involved.  They both used to be big fans, but no more.

@Carmie 

That's very disturbing IMO but stuff like that always happens with some actors. They think you owe them everything.

I remember watching one of the shows Trump did. I called it Your Fired but don't remember the name of the show. Some members from a band were on & there room was suppose to be stocked with grass juice or whatever they call it. It was not so they went psycho. Seriously just go down to the store & buy some.

I don't care for anyone that acts like they are so entitled. They are not. They are not any better than you or me IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz   Many many people these days think they are entitled. Cars trying to beat you to a parking spot. Cars parking in Handicap spots. People racing ahead or pushing ahead to be first in line for anything. It can be seen in every day life anywhere. I live in a small suburban town and see it all the time. I just don’t know what happened to people.

Honored Contributor

Re: John Travolta birthday

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nightowlz   Many many people these days think they are entitled. Cars trying to beat you to a parking spot. Cars parking in Handicap spots. People racing ahead or pushing ahead to be first in line for anything. It can be seen in every day life anywhere. I live in a small suburban town and see it all the time. I just don’t know what happened to people.

@proudlyfromNJ 

I see it every time I go out. Main reason why I have turned into a Hermit & would rather hibernate in my cave. LOL!!! I just cannot deal with all that or with what I call Stupid so I just stay home unless I have to venture out. 

Doctor was asking me about that problem yesterday. He does not get it.

I have never parked in a Handicap spot. That makes me really angry since we had to deal with that when a brother had a brain tumor.

Here at Wal-mart the police drive through there writing tickets to those that should not park there.

I don't know what happened to people either. DH says we went through some time warp & he wants to go back.

Geez I was at the doctor's office yesterday waiting to see the doctor so I was helping people in & out of the office door & back to an office to see the doctor in wheelchairs, using canes, with oxygen etc. One of the nurses asked me if I needed a job.

What's wrong with lending a hand these days?

Valued Contributor
Another hermit person here.Where has manners or showing kindness gone?See it everyday in our small town .Rather stay in with my elderly animals and watch birds at birdfeeder.
I know as we get older we can remember things that older generation said and I probably shook my head but it couldn't have been so unkind and short tempered as today's world!