Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has a Prime Video and movie about the life and work of the late Rep.John Lewis. The video is free to watch. The movie is available to rent. 

Honored Contributor

I just watched the movie "Selma" last week and it broke my heart to see what those people had to go through just to get the rights they were entitled to.  I told my DH I wouldn't have had the courage that someone like John Lewis had, nor the grace he showed to those who abused him.

I've watched shows about him and others involved in that movement, like Martin Luther King, Jr..  I have only admiration for all of them.

Honored Contributor

Martin Luther King’s niece is often on FOX.  She’s amazing.

i was telling my daughter that I lived through so many things during the 60’s (I’ll be 74 this year).

Living In Va and so close to DC we haveafro throw seat to many things.  It’s politics here 24/7.  Hard to get away from it.

I think Dr King was an amazing man.  I didn’t agree with Mr. Lewis’ politics later in his life.  However, I salute what he achieved in the earlier years of his life.

Honored Contributor

I recently watched Harriet, a movie based on the heroic accomplishments of Harriet Tubman, another who left her mark in history.

I am a person who believes in fighting for what is right and just and it isn't always easy and sometimes an uphill climb.  John Lewis, Tubman are but two justice fighters who never gave up,  and who helped so many.  I admire and respect these heroes, men and women who cleared the path and took the steps to make a big difference in the fight for positive change.

Respected Contributor

@spiderw   "good trouble"

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  ...  100% agree with you.  I LOVE Alveda King ...  beautifully spoken and so reminds me of her uncle.  No one could make an inspirational speech like Dr. King ...  Lewis, like so many others, unfortunately mixed it with politics and it killed the message.  

Trusted Contributor

Disagree about Alveda King.  Many of her views are antithetical to those of her Dr. MLK, Jr..  While she is a strong advocate for her beliefs, she is not held in high regard by some who were actively involved for decades prior to her emergence and later.  I believe she trades on the King name for notoriety and a platform for her views.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the information, nutmeg3. I rarely find anything that interests me on Prime Video. As a child, I saw many of the types events he lived through on the news with my family. I also witnessed such events in my own hometown in the North. I am all about "Good Trouble".

Valued Contributor

I recently found the PBS app on my Fire tv and installed it. One of the shows listed was "Finding your roots" which is one of my favorite shows.The first episode was Cory Booker and John Lewis. If you watch,you will see where John Lewis got his fighting spirit.It's in his DNAWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

Disagree about Alveda King.  Many of her views are antithetical to those of her Dr. MLK, Jr..  While she is a strong advocate for her beliefs, she is not held in high regard by some who were actively involved for decades prior to her emergence and later.  I believe she trades on the King name for notoriety and a platform for her views.

@Zernia Rose - ITA.  Especially with the last line.