Esteemed Contributor

John Glenn was my first hero

After my dad and my older brother.  Fly through the stars, John, fly.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

Re: John Glenn was my first hero

I dont have heros.... but I was a fan of his.

Honored Contributor

I think he was many of ours.

They led off all world news with "An American Hero"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not sure why you would start this thread in TV and Movies.  This is the Community Chat thread.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/John-Glenn-has-passed-away/m-p/3347309#U3347309

Esteemed Contributor

As I have stated many, many times before...I pretty much stay here on this TV and Movie forum.  I don't participate in the community forum as there is too much drama there.  My friends on this forum don't seem to mind. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick  No, mama, we don't mind. You made me think about my heros. I think Todd Beamer is mine. ("Let's Roll")

Honored Contributor

February 20, 1962 when John Glenn circled the earth, is a date I never forget of this hero.  Watching this on tv while at school, my Dad appeared in 3 classrooms to gather me & my sisters to drive from NJ to OH because my Grandpop, Dad's dear Dad has passed.  I never that date, two memorable things in my life.

Honored Contributor

He was a true American hero. Since we stayed with my Uncle during all our school vacations and he worked in the space program we had the undeniable pleasure of knowing all the Mercury astronauts personally. I feel like I've lost an old friend from childhood. He had a long & full life for sure - 95 yrs. Now he soars with the angels.