Honored Contributor

Re: John Fogerty and Children

I was flipping the channels and there he was! It was great!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I have always been a fan of his. As a baseball fan I would always love it when they played him singing "Centerfield" while the actual centerfielder would run out! . 

On July 4, watching A Capital Fourth, he sang that - while we watched scenes of past and present stars of baseball - and "Proud Mary." I got goosebumps! It was great! 

But the biggest surprise to me was his children! They performed with him, and apparently have been doing this for a while as "Fogerty's Factory." I didn't know this. He's really lucky to have three of his seven children (one is a stepdaughter) interested in music and in a band with him!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom   We saw JF in Austin and in OK a few years back.  Only Shane and Tyler were onstage at the time; Kelsey was still a bit too young.

His children with Julie are always in the spotlight but you never see the 3 children he had with Martha Paiz.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

I missed this! Bummer. I always enjoyed his voice and music. And Centerfield Is the essence of summer for me. 

@godi - You can see the performance on You Tube!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal , @catter70 , and @Cakers3 - You are all so lucky to have seen him in concert! If we ever get a chance to do this when things are better I will jump on it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Credence Clearwater Revival equals great music, legends!  I loved all teir songs but Fortunate Son was my favorite .

Steven Colbert, the night show host, had Fogerty on his show in April I believe.  Of course it was all filmed from their homes and Fogerty was the musical guest.  He played with his three children accompanying and they were talented and so enjoyable to watch. John still sounds great! 

Esteemed Contributor

Fogerty is the best - Credence played a lot on my hubs' soundtrack. Interesting post. Thank you. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@godi wrote:

I missed this! Bummer. I always enjoyed his voice and music. And Centerfield Is the essence of summer for me. 

@godi - You can see the performance on You Tube!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom You Tube has been my bff during the pandemic! I've watched so many concerts while home - John Fogerty and Eddie Money among them.