Honored Contributor

I have always been a fan of his. As a baseball fan I would always love it when they played him singing "Centerfield" while the actual centerfielder would run out! . 

On July 4, watching A Capital Fourth, he sang that - while we watched scenes of past and present stars of baseball - and "Proud Mary." I got goosebumps! It was great! 

But the biggest surprise to me was his children! They performed with him, and apparently have been doing this for a while as "Fogerty's Factory." I didn't know this. He's really lucky to have three of his seven children (one is a stepdaughter) interested in music and in a band with him!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: John Fogerty and Children

@beach-mom 

Since I only watched a few minutes of his performance, I did not know those were his children, so thanks for posting this.

Love hearing those old songs...he has such a unique voice.  

Yes, he is lucky to have his children with him doing what they love!

Before Eddie Money died, he had several of his children performing with him when he appeared.  His daughter would sing the Ronnie Specter part of "Take Me Home Tonight" and his sons were part of his band.

So much talent!

Esteemed Contributor

I missed this! Bummer. I always enjoyed his voice and music. And Centerfield Is the essence of summer for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really like both of these artists, I was saddened when Eddie Money passed away.  He was big when I was in high school!  LOL  I never got to see him, though I have seen John Fogarty.  It's got to be 25 years ago now but I saw him at an outside venue in Ma.  He opened for Carly Simon and then came out and played a couple songs with her.  The only time I saw either one of them, what a great show that was Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal 

I've mentioned this before (perhaps you've seen it, so forgive me)....I saw Eddie Money twice in a very small venue.

He was just fab...sweet, charming and funny.  This was just a few years back....even though he had aged, all I could see was the impossibly beautiful Eddie of his youth.

His songs were those of MY youth. 

I was terribly sad when he died...he has a lovely wife and 5 children.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Eddie Money...Im so glad to be able to say I got to interact with him in a work situation, well after his large stadium days and he was so nice, kind and still talented. Not all famous people, especially when they arent in their glory, but rather a reduced situation are kind or graceful behind the scenes. Mr. Mahoney was. His kids would be so proud of him. 

Respected Contributor

I saw him many years ago at a concert at Lehigh U. I think Bonnie Raitt was there, also, along with others I can't remember. Very good show.

Honored Contributor

Love Creedence Clearwater and Fogarty! Great music. He always brings Proud Mary to mind.

Boomer music again.🎶
Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

I am so happy to read this.

He projected that kindness on stage so I'm glad it wasn't just an "act."

There was just something about him...seemed vulnerable, that touched my heart.

I frequently listen to "I Wanna Go Back" which echos how I feel sometimes.  Those carefree days seem so far away.

Esteemed Contributor

Love all Fogerty's music.  Fortunate Son comes to mind these days.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth