Trusted Contributor

I feel sorry for anyone in financial distress.  it can happen to anyone.  

If what is reported is true I certainly hope they look at their lifestyle and make some very significant changes. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Joey Lawrence Broke

[ Edited ]

@Jtdmumwrote:

I feel sorry for anyone in financial distress.  it can happen to anyone.  

If what is reported is true I certainly hope they look at their lifestyle and make some very significant changes. 

@Jtdmum I agree it can happen to anyone.  He is such a good looking guy....and has talent.  Wonder why he is not getting work?

Here is a 2010 picture of him, his wife and children

F5285EF4-C0C7-4AE1-B411-95516DB0DC87.jpeg

Regular Contributor

Whoa!

Honored Contributor

The documents reveal that the duo’s monthly expenses leave them $18,000 in debt each month. The expenses include $13,500 in monthly rent, $2,400 on food and housekeeping needs, $1,281 in water and sewer bills, $2,348 on one car lease, $498 on a second car lease and $1,000 on entertainment.

this is what bothers me......13500 in monthly rent? that can easily be fixed......move to a place that is much more reasonable. get rid of the car leases and purchase reasonably priced used cars. there are so many ways this couple can scale back their expenses. his current income is 7000 a month. evidently they are not good savers, but excellent spenders......

he has been in the business since 1982, with long standing roles in a number of long running series.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/joey-lawrence-sold-clothes-before-filing-for-bankrupt...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I don’t feel sorry for him. Those bills are just plain stupid 

Valued Contributor

I hope everything turns around for him and his family.

Respected Contributor

he hasn't done anything in years so scale down. Got to live in your means like all of us.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

The documents reveal that the duo’s monthly expenses leave them $18,000 in debt each month. The expenses include $13,500 in monthly rent, $2,400 on food and housekeeping needs, $1,281 in water and sewer bills, $2,348 on one car lease, $498 on a second car lease and $1,000 on entertainment.

this is what bothers me......13500 in monthly rent? that can easily be fixed......move to a place that is much more reasonable. get rid of the car leases and purchase reasonably priced used cars. there are so many ways this couple can scale back their expenses. his current income is 7000 a month. evidently they are not good savers, but excellent spenders......

he has been in the business since 1982, with long standing roles in a number of long running series.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/joey-lawrence-sold-clothes-before-filing-for-bankrupt...

Preach it, they can umm......actually own property for that price imo.

Esteemed Contributor

Totally ridicuous monthly expenses, especially the rent, the food and the water/sewer. Wonder how long he's let that foolishness go on without making changes. No sympathy. In fact I suspect some of those expenses are exaggerated, especially the food/water/sewer business.