Super Contributor

Joe Sample (jazz pianist) has died at age 75

I'm so sad to hear of his passing. Joe was one of my all-time favorite artists. I was lucky enough to see him in concert about 15 years ago.

I own all his CDs and have them on at work practically every day. Such a talented man who played with many great artists. His last album will be released this fall.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Joe Sample (jazz pianist) has died at age 75

Sad to read this. He was a all time great!
Esteemed Contributor

Major loss. My grandfather was a piano tuner by trade and though I could never play it well, I appreciate those who do and particularly the impact Sample has had on making jazz accessible. Might have heard him at Merriweather Post Pavillion some years ago.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this. I have to admit that I haven't listened to Joe Sample in years, but I do like his music. I think it's time to put some on. RIP, Mr. Sample.

Trusted Contributor

I love his music and I'm so sad to hear of all the health troubles he had this past couple of years!

Super Contributor

Just saw this post....had not heard of his passing--am so sad as I enjoy his music very much and will continue to do so even more.
Respected Contributor

I love his music. Just last week I downloaded some of tunes that I had years ago on tape.