Honored Contributor

Joe Kenda's New American Detective Show -Anyone See It?

I don't get Discovery+ so, much as I love Joe Kenda, I will not be seeing his new show. Has anyone? If so what do you think of it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joe Kenda's New American Detective Show -Anyone See It?

@Pearlee 

I love him too and I don't think it is fair for them to do that!

Sadly,I don't stream and never will.

I wonder what the future of TV will be with everyone streaming?

Respected Contributor

I love Joe, too, but, the cable co. gets enough of my money. Not spending anything more on T.V.

Valued Contributor

I think it was one night last week (sorry not sure which night) that they showed an episode on ID Network of American Detective. Maybe to try to get people interested. I would have to see it again to know if I'd like it or not. I was very tired that night and it started at 9pm. It didn't seem as interesting as Homicide Hunter.

cookin

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   We like him as well but will not be purchasing Discovery+. I refuse to give SPECTRUM one more penny....we watch about 10 of the zillion of channels we get.

Honored Contributor

I have this feel that maybe, after they've shown this new show on the streaming service for a while, the episodes will show up on the ID channel.

I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not.  Smiley Happy   I'll watch on ID.  But I pay enough for TV already and D+ is just not on my radar at all.   Plus, moving shows from television to streaming rather ticks me off.

Honored Contributor

Well I don't get streaming either as I stated so thus far this thread isn't too enlightening (I understand about being tired @cookinfreak so thanks). I was trying to get input from people who have seen the show!).

Frequent Contributor

I saw the new show on ID last week.  I would say it was an average show on ID with Kenda narrating.  I loved his original show but I wouldn't pay for this new one.  I also am hoping that they will eventually move the exclusive D+ shows to ID at a later date.

Honored Contributor

@ShopperL wrote:

I saw the new show on ID last week.  I would say it was an average show on ID with Kenda narrating.  I loved his original show but I wouldn't pay for this new one.  I also am hoping that they will eventually move the exclusive D+ shows to ID at a later date.

@ShopperL Thank you for your post. What you wrote does not surprise me. Kenda admitted he ended his show because he was out of cases that were interesting enough to tell without being too gruesome, so I didn't think his involvement with other police stories would be nearly as interesting as his memories of his own.

Esteemed Contributor

You may have done this, but have you checked your relevant On Demand feature? Since someone commented one episode was on the cable network, I checked and can see that episode on DirecTV’s On Demand. There’s actually two items showing - an 11 minute preview and a 43 minute full episode.