Honored Contributor

Joe Kenda Is Back!

[ Edited ]

So the I.D. network is showing a promo with Joe Kenda. He says there is a Homicide Hunter marathon on I.D. on New Year's Day. He then says that during the marathon there will be sneak peeks of his new show American Detective. He mentions that the show will be on I.D. Plus but I don't know what that is. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Joe Kenda Is Back!

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee Love Kenda.Got a feeling that I.d.+ is one of those streaming channels.

I pay enough with Spectrum.Just had to scale down cause bill went up $12.

Esteemed Contributor
I believe the name is Discovery +

I’m at the point that, if they say that I never have to watch another commercial about it again, I would sign up for it! I must watch too many Discovery stations - I see it on HGTV, Food Network, Science Channel, etc. Don’t know what else. I do know from the thousands of commercials I see (not an exaggeration) that ID is one of the channels included.

Old and new episodes of current cable shows as well as shows made just for the streaming service. Begins 1/04 and starts at $4.99.
Honored Contributor

I just checked the Cox Cable listing in Phoenix for Jan 1.    Kenda is on the REGULAR Discovery ID station here.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

"He mentions that the show will be on I.D. Plus but I don't know what that is" 

ID is "Investigation Discovery", one of the "Discovery" owned channels.  

I get it on Comcast.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I just checked the Cox Cable listing in Phoenix for Jan 1.    Kenda is on the REGULAR Discovery ID station here.

Various personalities from Discovery owned stations will also have exclusive shows on the streaming service, Discovery Plus.  For example, Bobby Flay and Giada have a show filmed in Italy, Joanna Gaines has a cooking show, etc. Heck, the Gaines' actually have their own network on the streaming service!

I just looked and the specific new show referenced by the OP is on Discovery Plus.

https://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-newsroom/discovery-announces-exclusive-original-series-deb...

Respected Contributor

Coming January 4, 2021, Discovery Plus brings all the networks you love, including my new show, together in one place.

Introducing discovery+, the only streaming service with the greatest real-life entertainment from your favorite TV brands - HGTV, FoodNetwork, TLC, DiscoveryID, OWNTV, AnimalPlanet, Discovery + exclusive originals and more.

Honored Contributor

I love Joe Kenda!

ID Plus is part of the new Discovery Plus streaming network that starts January 4th.   

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

He's also listed on DirecTV's regular ID station.  It may be a temporary thing to get people to sign up for Discover Plus.

Honored Contributor

Re: Joe Kenda Is Back!

[ Edited ]

Discoverystreaming package will cost $5/mo w/commercials or $7/mo w/o commercials. Requires you to have internet connection... a smart TV or any other wifi device to view it using the app.