Respected Contributor

Re: Joe Kenda: Homicide Hunter's Final Season

Thanks for the reminder @Diva on The Q I'm going to have to check out on demand for Kenda's first season as I missed some of the episodes!

Honored Contributor

I've been hearing Kenda's spiel about this being the last season, and here's my take on it.  I absolutely love this show - it's my favorite I.D. show and I love Kenda.

--- Much as I love this show, the first seasons were the best.  When they started doing the two different stories in one show (about a half hour each) I thought the program wasn't quite as good and they were running out of story lines (I know not all the shows are the "doubles" but those started me thinking this).  I do think they are running out of story lines, which is why Kenda wants to go out on top, and not when a singer starts losing his voice as he says in the ad.

--- Why should he keep doing the show?  He's probably made more than enough to live on in retirement for the rest of his life from this show, so he may as well retire for good now and just enjoy life (I think he lives in Fla. having moved from cold Colorado).

--- The other cop shows followed his format and "copied" his show.  Such as Murder Chose Me (with cop Demery) and that other one with the guy with the Italian name I can't remember now (who is boring IMO).   Kenda's was the best show - he "made" the show.  As I've said before, he is very, smart, very ethical, a straight-shooter who doesn't pull punches,  and I love his wit.  Also, he is a bit of a philosopher - about human nature, good and evil, etc.  There's nobody quite like him and he is why his show was the best.  

--- He is a very proud man.  In the promo, he wanted to make it clear the show was not cancelled, by saying it was his decision to end the show, and to go out on top.  Wow, well OK, Joe.  I believe that but he sure stated that forcefully and up front.  As I say, a very proud man.

--- I hope Carl Marino finds other work. He was perfect as the young Joe Kenda and I'd like to see him again in something else.  By the way, I once posted about him here and in that post stated he is a former cop himself, turned model then actor.  No wonder he does such a good job playing Kenda!

Honored Contributor

I saw the advertisement about this yesterday, and I could not believe it, I really have enjoyed him, and the young Kenda is one hot looking man!  I'm glad I have my signed photograph of Joe to keep!

Honored Contributor

In real life, the Kenda and Marino families are good friends. I think Carl Marino does a fabulous job on the show!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  when the show started airing 30 min segments I think that was an indication that things were changing. I am also thinking that his wife Cathy has had enough and it's time for him to finally retire. When he was a cop there were the long hours and now as an actor and filming there are long hours. And yes the young actor that played Kenda really did a great job!

I knew the show was not cancelled and think he just wanted his fans to know that by saying he was ending it. I really like some of the other shows and Murder Chose Me is one of them. I also like the Homicide show based out of Charlotte. Now the cop with the photographic memory is a storyline that needs some work.

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

I saw the advertisement about this yesterday, and I could not believe it, I really have enjoyed him, and the young Kenda is one hot looking man!  I'm glad I have my signed photograph of Joe to keep!

@Hooty that photo is a keeper...I was so hoping to win the sweepstakes and have him show up at the front door LOL!

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many people think Colorado Springs is full of crime and criminals after watching his series? I live in CS and it's not as bad as it seems on that show. In a way I'm kind of glad the show is coming to an end, if you know what I mean.

Honored Contributor

I know people who live/lived in Colorado Springs and they say things like this only happen in certain parts of the city.  Ft. Carson is there and so is the Air Force Academy, so how bad could it be!

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 , Yes it is, and it even has my name on it!Heart

Occasional Contributor

I'll miss Detective Kenda as well.  Someone else mentioned his voice......Kenda's voice to me is similar to Keith Morrison's in that when they speak, I want to listen.  Not that they sound alike.  Just something about how they talk draws me in.  Whenever I'm reading a true crime novel, I "hear" it in one of their voices!