Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@SeaMaiden - Thank you for the update on her. I used to hear my mom talk about her all of the time. When I was a teenager I saw The Long, Hot Summer, and seeing her movies became my obsession! Of course it didn't hurt that Paul Newman was in some of them too! She was a fantastic actress and such a strong patron of ballet! So sad her children are already squabbling. At least she is not aware of it. 

@beach-mom

One of my top five movies.  I own it, and I talk about it all the time on this BB.  As I said in another thread, aging is tragic.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

i have always liked her and really appreciated their marriage.  they were complete opposites, but made it work.

the long hot summer, i've watched over and over.  they had such chemistry.

Honored Contributor

Newman also directed his wife in Rachel, Rachel in 1968, she was nominated for an Oscar. This film aired last night on TCM prior to the other one mentioned here.

Esteemed Contributor
Thanks for throwing this out in front of me @SeaMaiden. I haven't read it in decades. I just reserved 'gamma rays' online from my library.
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@SeaMaiden - Thank you for the update on her. I used to hear my mom talk about her all of the time. When I was a teenager I saw The Long, Hot Summer, and seeing her movies became my obsession! Of course it didn't hurt that Paul Newman was in some of them too! She was a fantastic actress and such a strong patron of ballet! So sad her children are already squabbling. At least she is not aware of it. 

@beach-mom

One of my top five movies.  I own it, and I talk about it all the time on this BB.  As I said in another thread, aging is tragic.

@LilacTree,

I have ( truly ) meant to be back in touch with you before now. 

Please accept my apologies. 

I had now-````` come on, and briefly skimmed through some of the topics when I, too had seen the updated news of Joanne Woodward. 

To refresh my presence, I had told you that TLHS was one of my favorite movies, probably my #1 when you had mentioned that also.

You have always told me ....' your memory will serve you greatly ' ~

The above mentioned news, hearing about Ms. Woodward brought me MUCH HAPPINESS because I certainly did Appreciate her in every movie and learned a lot from her in real life.

Even though she is older than me, I can tell you that her true representation of her true identity molded my life many years before I met my husband to be, then after being married. I had retrieved her address and was preparing to write her, and if possible I would love to have visited her for a very short time. That would be one of my greatest accomplishment in meeting her.

We will have our back ' N forth comparing notes very ____soon.

I am assuming you may have remembered that I told you no one from my present time, from now,  knows about our movie, than you, on several occasions?

Speaking of my memory, wasn't​ it your daughter's birthday on the 25th? That date rang a happy time, so I had to also tell you that.

For the longest time, I have been reminded of this unusual memory window which does serve me well, as you stated several times, along with countless others, also. 

Yes, *IT* has a name, more closely associated with Marilu Henner's.

Actually I never thought this to be out of the normal until I was in nursing, then especially around the age of 30 something.

Apparently, I have accepted this and find it not offensive as I once did. My sweetheart of a husband reminds me of this every day.

Also..................,

on the 25th, my husband proposed marriage one beautiful evening around 7:30pm from his parents' home as we sat and talked on their patio. Shocked? No, but rather surprised...Just a little because we had known each other for 3 months. The best thing that had happened to us, other than our precious son three years later.

Sending Special hugs to such a lovely woman that I, also learn from constantly. 

Thank you for reading. I truly am empowered from your strength with each post messaging ( when I am able to be here sporadically) due to a time window .... that is not each day). Here is a Heart for your daughter, and please accept your insightfulness and inspirations how you have experienced your colorful life. 

I hope to hear from you soon and we will continue on with a few questions from that movie. 

By best ALWAYS for you, NAES~~~~~~~~~~Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Since I

@LilacTree wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@beach-mom

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@beach-mom

I used to think of aging as sad but now that I'm there can say these have been some of the most fulfilling years of my life.  Like Linda Evans recently said "I wouldn't trade my new found wisdom for all the years of my younger life".  None of us like some of the health problems involved but this is a journey all must take sooner or later and can deepen one's relatioonship with God..

The Newmans gave so much to their charities.  God bless them!

Honored Contributor

i remember her mostly from the tv mini-series SYBIL......she had such a powerful role in that alongside of sally field. that mini-series haunted me for weeks!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
So sorry to read about Joanne Woodward.
Honored Contributor

So sad to read she has that terrible disease.  Also, it is terrible that the family is already fighting over money.  I remember when she won the Academy Award.  I may be wrong, but I think she had made the dress she wore.  What a lovely couple they were.   He was one of the most handsome actors ever.