Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joanna Gaines New Series

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@eddyandme - yes, it's on Fios. In my area it's 492.

Thanx, @CelticCrafter.  I'm gonna check that out!

Contributor

My take on the statement that they want to spend more time with family---the new show doesn't require anything other than a interview or conversation with Joanna Gaines.  It's my impression that she is providing comments/background about their past flips--so I would imagine the time commitment is not as great.

Trusted Contributor

Each time I watch their show, I'm embarrassed for Joanna when Chip starts his antics. She seems normal but to put up with her husband's need for attention must get tiring. I really don't care for her show.

Honored Contributor

Talk about spreading yourself thin...all the HGTV shows, her magazine I saw at the grocery store & Target now carries a line of their design items, linens and furniture. 

Trusted Contributor

In my opinion, Joanna has 5 children!  I would be so embarassed to have someone who is so starved for attention that he has to perform all of the stunts that Chip does and chortle so loud in the car that it makes me cringe.  

How they are going to manage all of their businesses is beyond me.... I dont believe they will have more family time, but time will tell.

Respected Contributor

Not planning on watching.

Used to like their show up until the show become more about them than the houses, not a fan of her, him, the magazine, the  line of products sold thru stores, anything,

I watched them every week  for their home renovations and ideas, which to me became not very varied from house to house.

She is moving on with yet another venture... she has enough fans,  I am sure to make it worth the effort.

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

@January121

I agree with you, so you are not all alone, lol.

I do agree that their interior design style got to be a little old hat, but then again I've watched pretty much every single show at least once so I can say that, lol.

As far as them leaving one show to spend more time with their family and now having another show; who among us really knows how much time they put into Fixer Upper and how much time they will invest in their new show? I don't think any of us can assume anything on their part where that is concerned.

Mostly, I love their show because we bought a 1955-built home two and a half years ago, and while it isn't strictly a fixer-upper there are a lot of updates we have done and will continue to do. I like their show because I've gotten a lot of great ideas from it. 

I find them to be very genuine. I've read articles about people who work with them who confirm that they are kind, good-hearted people and that they usually go above and beyond what their contracted updates inr the homes that they do.

I guess it's like QVC hosts; the ones that drive me nuts make others happy, and vice versa. Viva le' difference!!